Anyone else having "premature" floormat wear????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Anyone else having "premature" floormat wear????

I noticed it a few months ago, but after only 6 months, the driver's floormat has completely worn down under my right foot. There is nothing but rubber and I don't see that lasting much longer. The same thing happened to my wife's car......after 4 years......not 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem.....did you complain to Ford/the Dealership? Any suggestions on a more hardy replacement? (I hate the cheap ugly rubber mats and would prefer something like a molded, carpeted color matched "all weather" mat).

Last edited by Tim K; 02-18-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:49 AM
PML
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone else having "premature" floormat wear????

I had the same problem - actually am disapointed in the fuel economy too - in hot weather - you need to run the ice to cool the battery - in cold weather you need to run the ice to heat the catalitic converter - and charge the battery - am getting around 24 now - not what I expected- Actually am trading it in for a Lincoln MKX - more room - almost as good mileage - far more comfort - and a LINCOLN !

Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 AM

One thing I have noticed is the incredibly cheap material Ford uses for the Escape's with cloth interior. My new 06 has leather & that is really nice, but the 05 I had with cloth was only one year old when I bought it & the interior looked like the vehicle was at least five years old. That cloth interior was literally unraveling at the seams & I have seen others in the same predicament.

I am the Internet Sales Manager at a local car dealer & we get used Escape's in all the time. I was stocking in a beautiful 06 Escape XLT last week. This vehicle was practically new, it had 6400 miles on it & the cloth interior was literally falling apart(one of the seams was splitting open & it has loose threads hanging out all over the place)

~John

Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 AM

"Premature" floormat wear is a problem I have had with all my Ford vehicles.

For my MMH, I bought a set of "all weather" mats from the Mercury parts dept. They still match the carpet color, and say "Mariner" on them. so to me they are as good as if they came with from the factory.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Walt, did you get the ALl-weather Vinyl ones? I just don't want them to look like those ugly rubber Walmart mats.....

Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 PM

I got the ones from Mercury. They are thick "rubber" (I guess rubber). Very similar in construction to the ones that lasted the 8 years in my Jeep (well, I sold it and assume the are still OK).

Since they are color matched to the carpet, they don't look at all like Walmart or KMart.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCU...mZ230094552478

Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM

I should mention that when I say premature I mean that these were worn through after less than 9,000mi. To me that is a joke.