Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

All dealers are different, I swore I'd never use one after repeatedly getting what I felt was overcharged for work on my wifes volvo at the dealer near brentwood Mo.
Recently I got my MMH from a dealer 50 mi.from my residence, After reading up on the car I realized I didn't have the code for the keyless entry keypad. I took it to the nearest ford place in maplewood, Auto Plaza Ford and the dude actually did it fo free!
Needless to say I will be less hesitant to go there if a repair is out of my skill level.
In other word find another dealer or competant mechanic.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

You might want to get an extended warranty asap so you don't have to worry about repairs. Google "Ford extended service plan". You can get a great Ford warranty for around 1k.

If you are past the factory 3/36 warranty you'll need a dealer inspection which you already have. I recommend getting a quote online and approaching your dealer to match it (which is what I did).

I recently bought an 07 with 35k miles and paid 1200 for a Premium Care 4 year/48k mile warranty (from now) from Ford. My dealer matched the discounted price online and I didn't have to do the inspection since they just inpsected it when they sold it to me.

I have not had any trouble with my FEH and I LOVE IT>>

Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Chavez720 -

The brake system flush was probably just a whim. The going rate at any dealer for the M/E Coolant pump job is approx. $600. But an owner with some knowledge can DIY for a lot less.
If you are going to 'write a check' for all your repairs and maintenance you might want to buy a warranty - but with the deductibles and the exclusions I still think it is not a bargain. You are paying for 'peace of mind'. The expensive hybrid components are already extended covered.

Its absolutely a coincidence that you experienced the two most common repairs so shortly after taking ownership. The first "Stop Safely Now" should have led to one or both.....and this forum should have pointed to asking about those two repairs from the start.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
Chavez720 -

If you are going to 'write a check' for all your repairs and maintenance you might want to buy a warranty - but with the deductibles and the exclusions I still think it is not a bargain. You are paying for 'peace of mind'. The expensive hybrid components are already extended covered.
Unless you get the zero deductable. And the only thing not covered by PremiumCare are wear and tear items.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wait. you paid 800. plus to find out nothing? are you a guppy? disconnect the battery for 12 hrs, see if codes are legit. Buy an FSM read the codes to see what the problem is exactly. For $800.00 I would have at least cleaned your interior before saying I dunno.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
When you are at the dealership, ask the service advisor to run your VIN in OASIS and request the warranty history (should have done that before you bought???) to see what the experiences have been with the vehicle. A warranty repair does not extend the factory warranty except if is a comeback on the first repair that wasn't done correctly.

Thanks for reminding me to only buy new with a factory warranty.

Red:

Can you clarify: what's an Oasis Report? I've heard of CarFax and Autocheck, but this is the first time I've heard of Oasis.

Bob
Fayetteville, GA

Old 03-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by bob95fxdl
Red:

Can you clarify: what's an Oasis Report? I've heard of CarFax and Autocheck, but this is the first time I've heard of Oasis.

Bob
Fayetteville, GA
Oasis is Ford's system which a dealer accesses for manuals, TSBs, etc. If they enter your VIN, its warranty history can be viewed.

I have limited access to Oasis and have noticed that no history is listed for a "out of warranty" vehicle. It must be purged right after the warranty expired or a certain amount of time later on.

Last edited by wptski; 03-18-2010 at 06:49 AM.