Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Newbie to Hybrids
Default Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Bought a used 2006 FEH at a great deal, well a great deal at the time. Initially researched for a few month before purchase. Test drove at least half a dozen times. I even paid $80 for a ford dealership to inspect the car and they gave it a clean bill of health. I will not disparage the dealership, but if you are in FL and want to know which dealership to avoid PM me I will let you know. This was November, the car has been in the shop numerous times since purchasing.

1st - Brakes failed - I directed them to this forum. They flushed out the brake system with 2 gallons of brake fluid with a special 'Tool', ie I paid out the a** for a simple brake flush. Well all was well. $350

2nd - Stop Safely Now - Dealership could not find any codes???? $80

3rd - Stop Safely Now - Dealership could not find any codes???? $80

4th - Service Engine Soon - Codes for Blend Door Failure, changed $404 (+ oil change)

Two weeks later (yesterday)

5th - Stop Engine Now - Engine High temp - Changed Electronics cooling pump - $603

DTC Codes shown on repair bill - P1A0E PA0F P0A3C P0A3E P0A7C

Am I being taken advantage of or is this car a lemon? I am really at my wits end with the car.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Get an After market Code reader,so you could see and reset codes,and take vehicle to either another dealer or repair shop. then if problems continue keep doc's and lookup lemon law in your state.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TechExplorer
Get an After market Code reader,so you could see and reset codes,and take vehicle to either another dealer or repair shop. then if problems continue keep doc's and lookup lemon law in your state.
Lemon laws don't apply to used cars that are 4 years old. Dealers ALWAYS have that sticker in the window "AS IS - NO WARRANTY".

Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

When you are at the dealership, ask the service advisor to run your VIN in OASIS and request the warranty history (should have done that before you bought???) to see what the experiences have been with the vehicle. A warranty repair does not extend the factory warranty except if is a comeback on the first repair that wasn't done correctly.

Thanks for reminding me to only buy new with a factory warranty.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Newbie to Hybrids

Now you tell me to do an Oasis check! Where were you 5 months ago. Smell the sarcasm? In hindsight, I guess CARFAX is a POS report now, as there was no hint of anything on there. Should have dug further maybe could have turned something up. I just put my faith in the Ford Dealership that they would give me any hints of problems with the car. Figured since I was not buying from them, bought from an indepent car dealership, they would give me an honest answer.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chavez720
Now you tell me to do an Oasis check! Where were you 5 months ago. Smell the sarcasm? In hindsight, I guess CARFAX is a POS report now, as there was no hint of anything on there. Should have dug further maybe could have turned something up. I just put my faith in the Ford Dealership that they would give me any hints of problems with the car. Figured since I was not buying from them, bought from an indepent car dealership, they would give me an honest answer.
It is possible that these items just cropped up, and that they didn't have maintenance issues before. Or maybe the car wasn't maintained by a dealer.

The blend door is a known vulnerability; I have had two of them in the two years I have owned my 2008. One thing to keep in mind (especially with the doors) is that dealer repairs carry a 1 year warranty. There are some posts on do-it-yourself blend door replacement. You might want to consider that.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Red
Thanks for reminding me to only buy new with a factory warranty.
And an extended warranty - I got the 7 yr / 100K myself. There just seems to be so much technology in the FEH. But don't buy from the dealer - it is far cheaper on line.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Newbie to Hybrids

Originally Posted by stevedebi
And an extended warranty - I got the 7 yr / 100K myself. There just seems to be so much technology in the FEH. But don't buy from the dealer - it is far cheaper on line.

Any suggestd on-line retailers? - Feel free to PM details if this is against board rules.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:54 PM

Any suggestd on-line retailers? - Feel free to PM details if this is against board rules.
There are some threads on this, I would suggest a search. I got mine at myfordwarranty.com.

You save $100 if you register the extended warranty before the 12K mile point.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Enthusiast

Am I being taken advantage of or is this car a lemon? I am really at my wits end with the car.
Unfortunately you've experienced what seem to be the two most common failures w/ the FEH - the blend door and the electronics cooling pump. It is probably coincidence these failures happened so close together and right after you purchased the vehicle.

The repairs you're paying for seem excessive. I would never pay a diagnostic fee if the dealer can't find any codes or anything wrong with the vehicle. The brake repair is suspect if all they did is flush the system. The blend door is a $30 part; most folks DIY or pay $200 or so for that repair. I don't know if $600 is fair for the coolant pump, but that is another DIY for some folks.

I think you should find a new dealership to service the vehicle. Best of luck...

Quick Reply: Absoutely Frustrated with FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands