2008 Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: 2008 Navigation Package

Do you have tweeters at the bottom of the windshield posts. I cannot find al 7 speakers on mine. I have been told the tweeters are at the bottom of the windshield posts, but that info is from people with 07s and older.

Thanks,

David

Old 04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

well I will tell you hopefully tomorrow or tues. I have not gotten mine yet. They are doing a dealer trade from austin to get it. As soon as its in my hot little hands I will let you know.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

David, well i got mine today. I know I have the "audiophile" system because it says that in the top display when i start the car. Also it sounds so good!! but I don't have tweeters in my "A" pillars. I am thinking they are positioned with the speakers in the front doors. but it does sound amazing!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
I am thinking they are positioned with the speakers in the front doors

I doubt that, that would be the absolute worst place possible to put the tweeters for sound quality. Just about every factory system I have seen lately that includes tweeters has a much higher tweeter mounting location than where those door speakers are.

~John

Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

well I was thinking that they might be directional. Well I know i have seven speakers and I can clearly find 5. so the hunt is on for the other 2!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM

By the way, you can dramatically improve the sound quality of the stock "audiophile" system by replacing the factory speakers(if you care)

I have Infinity seperate component speakers in mine & I installed Boston Acoustic's in a neighbors Escape, both where a very nice upgrade from stock(& they're simple to replace).

~John

Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 PM

Perhaps 2 of the speakers are actually combination midrange/tweeters built into one unit that they are counting as two?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
Perhaps 2 of the speakers are actually combination midrange/tweeters built into one unit that they are counting as two?

That is certainly possible, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense because that would be a step backward in audio quality compared to the previous setup.

The base of the pillar is actually a rather good location for the tweeters as far as imaging quality. I used to own a stereo shop & we did tons of pretty high end car stereo & we tried all different setups.

~John

Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Thanks, Alex. Because of the shape of the front door speaker grilles, I expect they are mounted just above the mid range door speakers. I'll connect a signal generator to the Aux input, set it to high freq. and see if I can verify this.

I just had a 6" wide 5% tint strip installed across the top of my windshield. NAV visibility in full sun is greatly improved. I still cannot see the heads up time/temp/compass display in full sun. I think it needs a shade over the top!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Cool! I am getting the windows tinted on mine today and also getting a strip accross the windshield. How did the strip on the windshield come out? that dot matrix crap they put on the top in the middle is hard for the tint to stick to. Also I asked the stereo guy there at the dealer where are the other 2 speakers. he said he would try to find out for me. So the hunt continues!

Quick Reply: 2008 Navigation Package

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands