2007 FEH arrives

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: 2007 FEH arrives

Originally Posted by OT7
Lost 1MPG 2007 AWD 32/29 EPA MPG , 2005 2006 AWD 33/29 EPA MPG
LOL, I can see it now, "For sale: Vintage 2006 high MPG Escape Hybrid!"

Nah, Ford just wanted me to feel better about my FEH.

Old 05-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast

Does the new roof rack have two cross bars that come with it. The photos don't show any.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmp123
Maybe that's part of the EPA's new rules about more representative fuel economy?

Other thing I noticed was that (as promised, and reported in other posts) Ford dropped the MSRP by $1000.
Forgive me for jumping in, but what's the curb weight, compared to the 06?

The new EPA rules have not been approved yet and would not begin to take effect until the 08 models.
Similar thing ahppened to the 06 HAH- 29/37 became 27/34 or something like that. 400# more weight pushed it into the next classification for testing conditions (dyno resistance) which lowered its results.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

There has to be another reason for the mpg difference... from the pictures, I noticed Ford is still using the EcoPlus tires. Who knows, maybe Ford has a stockpile of them.

Rich

Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brent04
Does the new roof rack have two cross bars that come with it. The photos don't show any.
Originally Posted by gpsman1
The roof rack has changed. Or didn't you guys notice!
-John
Well the mystry goes on. Check out the 360˚ View IT SHOWS cross bars while picts in the 'Photo Gallery' shows Side Rails only.

I would say the 'Without' is correct because under 'Options' they show as standard 'Roof
Side Rails, black' and no mention of crossbars. Thought they might be included in the 'Appearance or Premium Package', but not shown in either.

Think they have been listening to us here and elsewhere about removing the crossbars for better MPG? Or wind tunnel test to get the brick as aerodynamic as feasibly possible using the same body style. Oh by the way, if you look at the Standard Escape, it DOES have the cross bars - don't guess MPG matters at that stage.

On the 'Next Generation', I don't remember where I say or read it, but I recall that the '08 is when the biggest changes in design - both exterior and drivetrain, will be made. This is where the computer controled system really comes into play - they can make big changes in how the system works without making major component changes. Just found this on Cars.Com.

Oh Wayne - My Parking Brake Handle and cover are the same. Mine is Silver exterior with the Light Flint Leather interior (click to see pict).

On the EcoPlus Tires - anyone hear what the latest scoop is on their availability? I would think if you had to get a replacement and one is the eco and the other not - you would have to get two because the rolling resistance would be different causing a pull to one side. That would be like having a
misalignmentor one tire with lower pressure etc.

Last edited by VietVet'67; 05-25-2006 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Spelling :)
Old 05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VietVet'67

I would say the 'Without' is correct because under 'Options' they show as standard 'Roof Side Rails, black' and no mention of crossbars. Thought they might be included in the 'Appearance or Premium Package', but not shown in either.

Think they have been listening to us here and elsewhere about removing the crossbars for better MPG? Or wind tunnel test to get the brick as aerodynamic as feasibly possible using the same body style. Oh by the way, if you look at the Standard Escape, it DOES have the cross bars - don't guess MPG matters at that stage.

On the 'Next Generation', I don't remember where I say or read it, but I recall that the '08 is when the biggest changes in design - both exterior and drivetrain, will be made. This is where the computer controled system really comes into play - they can make big changes in how the system works without making major component changes. Just found this on Cars.Com.

I guess this is one of their improvements htey were going to add to the 2008 model and decided to include it in the 2007 model.

On the EcoPlus Tires - anyone hear what the latest scoop is on their availability? I would think if you had to get a replacement and one is the eco and the other not - you would have to get two because the rolling resistance would be different causing a pull to one side. That would be like having a
misalignmentor one tire with lower pressure etc.
I had talked to a salesman at Merchants Tire and Auto. He told me to give him the information on the sidewall of the tire and he would try to order it.

I also found out the FEH is not the only vehicle using the Continental Contitrac EcoPlus tires. I have also seen them on a few 05 Jaguar XJs. Maybe Continental is still in the process of producing them for normal consumer use.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Hi All -

Well I think I have found the answer to the question about the roof-rack cross bars. They are listed as 'Accessories' in the online '2007 Escape& Escape Hybrid Accessories'. On page 6 it list 'Ellipitical Cross Bars for O.E. Racks. So - no more standard cross bars

Old 06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
dsd
Enthusiast

Having just picked up an 07 FEH, I can vouch it only has side rails on the roof. No crossbar.

I am very confused as to model year differences and why some things are unavailable on the hybrid (like the bluetooth). Also, the way you are forced to build the cars are wacky.

-dsd