2006 FEH No Start. BCM puts HV to BPO. HV SOC 85%

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Ohm
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH No Start. BCM puts HV to BPO. HV SOC 85%

Installed new BCM and no difference. What next, replace the HDCM ?

Old 11-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you actually remove the relay in pursuit of the re-charge by loosening the two bolts that hold the relay "forks"?

If so, did you torque the two bolts to about 60 in-lb?

Any fastener that is involved in clamping the conductors must be adequately torqued. If they aren't, they can show high resistance and might show as a main fuse failure due to high resistance.

At this point, you might want to spend $22 at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/ to get 72 hours of access to their complete repair data and see if there are other possibilities for that fuse code.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Ohm
Enthusiast

S Keith, yes, I went back in and re-tightened those bolts. I will try again. I’m using feel to get to 60 in/lb. If anything, They are over tightened.

S Keith, question. When I scanned after depleting the batteries, forscan put the SoC at 4%. Voltage was nominal. Would the low SoC have signaled to not start ICE?

Old 11-09-2020, 04:14 PM

I've always found that no-start is governed by pack voltage, not SoC. I've started them with 0% SoC.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Ohm
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
I've always found that no-start is governed by pack voltage, not SoC. I've started them with 0% SoC.
In that case, I think the current issue predates my taking the battery apart and trickle charging it. It had up to 6% SoC and 360v after a few charges with the jump start system. And same thing, No Start. That's BEFORE I took the solenoid pack out. Is it possible the issue is with the solenoid cut off? If that isn't making good contact, could the BCM or PCM be reading inadequate battery state?

I am totally flummoxed by this. I just can't see where the failure would be. Is there streaming data I could record with ForScan that might be helpful?

edit:
ok, I just removed and replaced the solenoid making sure all contacts were clean and all bolts tight. no difference.

Are '06-'09 PCM units interchangeable? I have found FEHs in scrap yards.

Last edited by Ohm; 11-09-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:22 PM

SoC is not a function of battery voltage. It is a combination of voltage, current and temperature. The car can't establish a SoC without all three. It may make some default assumptions.

The fact that the ICE turns at all indicates the relay is functional

If you watch the battery voltage during engine start, you should see a small dip and recovery.

Just to try something, I would run through all the utilities that can reset the various modules, reset them and see if it changes.

Then it's a subscription to the motorcraft site I linked. That "main fuse" code may have other things to trace.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Ohm
Enthusiast

Thanks for your continued support.

I will reset modules and run all services. I’m using iPhone ForScan Lite ($4.99). I think I need to get a switchable USB interface and use a windows machine to run all services. I’ll do that. Then I’ll get Ford service documentation you speak of.

wil report results.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Ohm
Enthusiast

SOLVED! PCM firmware re-flash solved no-start condition.

Last edited by Ohm; 11-29-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:33 PM

That was epic! Congratulations to you both. It was like the Pulp Fiction "Adrenaline Shot to the Heart" scene.

"Then what happens?"
"I'm kinda curious about that myself..."

Old 11-27-2020, 08:01 PM

Quick Reply: 2006 FEH No Start. BCM puts HV to BPO. HV SOC 85%

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands