2006 FEH and A2DP support

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 FEH and A2DP support

Good Morning

With the iphone 3.0 software being released today providing a2dp support, I was wondering if anyone was aware of an adapter that would allow for you to use the cd changer inputs on the head unit to stream audio from the iphone to the stereo via this method. Of course handsfree bluetooth calls would be a great bonus, but are secondary.

FM transmitters work 'ok' but I get tired of changing the frequency every 5 miles.

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: 2006 FEH and A2DP support

The "over the air" FM transmitters are of little good in cities.

HOWEVER I got one of the direct to FM antenna input FM connectors from Sirrius and I'm serious... it is AWESOME.

When the Sirrius "powers up" it cuts off the antenna lead, so I get no interference. I can pick any FM freq. I want. Note, you cannot listen to off air with the Sirrius reciever powered up. But simply unplug or turn off the Sirrius, and the stock radio is back to normal for both AM and FM.

This is by far the easiest method, and perhaps, the cheapest as well.
Should work with any mini-headphone input type device.

I criss cross the nation and love it. I too disliked the over the air type that came std. with my Sirrius receiver.

HTH,
-John