Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Whats Your Take On "COMMENTS" Regarding (FE) ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned
Default Poll: Best Cars - NOT Best Hybrids

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Which is why you post a poll asking who makes the best hybrids, right? https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...cars.5549.html
Just to set the record straight, the poll question was "Who makes the best cars?"

Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned
Default Re: Whats Your Take On "COMMENTS" Regarding (FE) ?

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
The best approach for an open forum is for everyone to exercise self-control.....

But in addition, there is the eleventh commandment: *Thou shalt not be too sensitive.*....
It's a tribute to Jason and the members at GH that civility has been maintained with a minimum amount of moderation. I've been at forums that allow disruptions to ruin a forum, then at the other extreme, have forum with administrators going overboard with Rules and/or the ban button.

The main things are:
  • member civility
  • members not taking it too personally, as there is a lot of diversity
  • Swifty dealing with the obvious trollers
  • Promote the core beliefs of the forum (i.e. hybrids to promote better conversation and a cleaner environment)

Old 01-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
. . . it seems like if a member makes a comment on FE that the next thing you know, you have just started (World-War-Three). . . .
. . .
I can assure everyone that under (NO-CIRCUMSTANCES) will I ever be Dumb enough to Post my (FE) when ever I take Delivery of my HCH ll. Who Needs the Ridicule, Not-Me: The FE Avg. Won't Suffer From Me:

Terry
Hi Terry,

'Ridicule' is the argument of those who either lack facts and data or choose to ignore empirical evidence. What I do is cite engineering data and reports that support what works to answer those who make imprecise and inaccurate claims. The honest ones get a clue. Furthermore, I never ask for or expect anything beyond not posting misleading or imprecise information.

As for those who choose to ignore empirical data, there comes a time when you have to choose between ignoring them or having a little fun at their ignorance. It is a question of time management.

If you were getting a Prius, I would ask you to reconsider sharing your MPG data and experience. You might find or make some observation that I could use to improve my mileage. That is the primary reason why I come here. But your technology, goals and time budget may be different.

Good luck!

Bob Wilson

Old 01-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:01 PM.