Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

View First Unread (link/button)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default View First Unread (link/button)

I don't know what the problem is, maybe my company blocks certain information but the View First Unread link on threads that I have participated in or have previously read doesn't seem to work as it once did. It now just brings me to the first message in the thread instead of the first unread message. Anyway, is anybody else having this issue and more importantly, does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: View First Unread (link/button)

I get that too, but only on SOME threads. It seems like once you page through, though, that it then remembers (once again).
I think that they occasionally drop a database entry or two about where we've been (not altogether a bad thing, I guess ).

Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 PM

It seems on threads that I have recently participated, it tends to work. But on threads that are older (maybe a week)it brings me to first message in thread and not first unread entry.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Site Founder

It may be based on a cookie system, so if you clear your browser cookies, it will reset. Beyond that, I really can't help. Sorry!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 AM

The funny thing is that the "New Post" link seems to always work. I would figure it was based a similar concept?