Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Redirects Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Site Founder
Default Redirects Not Working

I noticed a day or two ago that some redirects aren't working... specifically when one logs in or submits certain forms. I'll be looking into it when I'm a little less busy (graduation day). Thanks.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Redirects Not Working

Yeah, my portal link stopped working with the new home page implementation.
I, of course, assumed it was just me and have been forgoing the portal, and just redirected my shortcut to the Discuss page.
No big deal.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Site Founder

Actually, I removed the portal hack for a few reasons. Barely anyone used it, it was a mess on the administrative end and most of the information is now available elsewhere (who's visited lately, latest hybrid news, etc.). Sorry if you liked that page as your homepage... I had to downsize for once.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Contributor ($)

No big deal. The new homepage is much more useful and it will save me having to try to think of any more "Shout" songs for the "Shoutbox".

Old 05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Site Founder

I've isolated the file which is causing the problems. That's a big relief. It's the "global" file, though... the big one that's included everywhere in the site. I need to see where it's going wrong. In the meantime, the whole site will be orange and I'm not sure if there will be other minor problems.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Site Founder

Well THIS is interesting... that global file is version 3.0.5 but everything else is 3.0.7...

Old 05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Site Founder

*sigh* looks like a while back I patched the software instead of completely upgrading. The hacks I install afterwards would be erased

Old 05-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Site Founder

Fixed! Debugging is no fun. I've been looking at that problem for days and finally figured it out. I added a little code in there to switch the color style based on which section of the site one's in, except I redefined a variable that already existed in the base software so it was conflicting. Redirects now work!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Good job!

Redirects do work!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Site Founder

lol don't thank me. I broke it in the first place

BTW anyone heard of the furry green monster?

Quick Reply: Redirects Not Working

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands