Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Interactive map

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Interactive map

Jason...

As IF you don't already have enough to do , what is the possibility of adding some sort of "interactive" map that shows where hybrid owners are from...not so much city-by-city, but perhaps state by state (and province by province for our Canadian brethren)? That could assist newcomers and "old-timers" alike in identifying other local members and resources in their backyard...not that coming here isn't fun and eductional, but sometimes it's hard to figure out where folks are from. If the interactive part doesn't work, how about just a listed state-by-state section?

Might also be nice to have somwhere you could register local hybrid "clubs" and owner groups...again, that way you can see who is in your backyard. I know there are more and more hybrid owners in the area I live, but the only established groups I can find are in the metro areas (Portland, Eugene, Salem, etc.) While we share the same common goals and all, its always nice to start with your own community...and I'm already exploring the idea of starting something locally.

Keep up the great work...and thanks for an AWESOME resource! My sister and her husband have owned several Prius's and they never got around to checking GH out...that's changed now and I've encouraged them to "enlist".

Neil

Old 03-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Interactive map

You mean something like this?

http://www.frappr.com/greenhybrid

Regards,

Old 03-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Interactive map

Ayuppppppp...that'd be it! Guess I should have done my homework before I posted the question...but I NEVER would have found this without some help!