Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

"index<n>" in Permalink URL

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Engineering first
Default "index<n>" in Permalink URL

Hi,

Recently I tried to post a link to an excellent posting in the TCH forum:

. . . /discuss/f49/oh-well-16402/index2.html#post154417

Unfortunately, the index changed as the thread continued:

. . . /discuss/f49/oh-well-16402/index3.html#post154417

You'll notice the number after the "index" changed from 2 to 3. This means the link is 'broken' and doesn't point to posting of interest. It really is an interesting story about dealing with snow in a TCH but I don't have a way to acknowledge it short of quoting it directly.

Bob Wilson

Old 12-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: "index<n>" in Permalink URL

It looks like the CarsDirect staff has changed the URLs. I wasn't aware of this and will mention it.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Users
Default Re: "index<n>" in Permalink URL

I went to the thread and found the particular post mentioned here. The permalink for that post is https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...02/#post154417.

I don't think anyone has modified the vBSEO settings, which would be the only way to change URL presentation. As far as that post, it's on the first page of the thread, so I'm not sure where index2.html or index3.html are coming from.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: "index<n>" in Permalink URL

Originally Posted by Cars2007
I went to the thread and found the particular post mentioned here. The permalink for that post is https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...02/#post154417.

I don't think anyone has modified the vBSEO settings, which would be the only way to change URL presentation. As far as that post, it's on the first page of the thread, so I'm not sure where index2.html or index3.html are coming from.
Hummmm, I'm confused. My posting with the error link is:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...87/#post154629

I noticed when search for that posting and hit (permalink) it came back with a clean, no index pointer. So I tried multiple searches and everytime I hit permalink, it came back with the 'index=' node.

The source posting is:

username: mikieboyblue
date: 12-17-2007, 11:44 AM

AHHHHH!!!! I see a solution or the problem:

"9 (permalink)"

If I click on "permalink", I get the "index=" URL but if I click on the "9", I get a usable, static URL. Now that I realize how it works, I can fix up my earlier posting and everything is good. I'm a little curious why "permalink" supplies an "index=" entry in the URL but not enough to feel it needs a whole lot time spent on it.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson