Where's This Storage Drawer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Where's This Storage Drawer?

Just saw this...where is this?

•11. STORAGE DRAWER. DID YOU KNOW YOU HAD ONE?

Your Prius has a totally handy storage drawer which is located on the lower front of the center console. The drawer handle is located five inches below the top front edge of front cup holder. Pull it out and you have a great place to store all kinds of goodies.

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/34-t...ri-vt8539.html

Old 03-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where's This Storage Drawer?

Originally Posted by jjryan

Your Prius has a totally handy storage drawer which is located on the lower front of the center console. The drawer handle is located five inches below the top front edge of front cup holder. Pull it out and you have a great place to store all kinds of goodies.

GOT IT! WOAH who knew this was there. if i'm the only one who missed it i'm sorry but thought this was worth posting

The drawer handle is located five inches below the top front edge of the front cup holder. Pull it up and out and you have a great place to store all kinds of goodies.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjryan

extra credit if you can figure out how to pull the whole drawer out to empty it... i sure can't...

Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

This is not a storage space, guys. But I suppose you can use it as one. In my Prius (the old kind) I put all kinds of rubbish in the cup holder, especially small change. Then I accidently close the cup holder (which means tipping the thing upside down) and all the change falls in to the black hole. This little door is especially made for getting the bloomin' money back out again.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

I found this drawer while trying to locate a place to keep a bifurcating leash for my Bichons. It is VERY handy--I think it is more handy than the lift-up storage area under my forearm on the middle console. My pups love riding in the Prius--I think they love all the glass.

I washed my windshield for the first time the other day--wow, that is a LOT of windshield!!!

Bippy

Old 03-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast

Speaking of not knowing things about the car.......I went from having a 91 Camry--no keyless entry--to this great car. I am admittedly not a manual reader, so the first time I locked my keys in the car, I actually thought I did. Called the hubby to come and bring my other set of keys. Whoa......was I embarrassed when I realized that you just cannot lock the smart key in the car.

I also was really loving having the keyless entry for 2 months before realizing that I never even had to get out the keys and "beep" my car unlocked. I'm afraid this auto is much smarter than its owner!!!

Bippy

Old 03-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Where's This Storage Drawer?

Originally Posted by Bippy
..I went from having a 91 Camry--no keyless entry--to this great car.
Me too! A rain slick street and blind overpass led to an accident that the repair cost of the 91 Camry was greater than the blue-book value. I was getting 32 MPG and 38 MPG on my last tank.

Welcome to the club. BTW, are you recording your fill-ups in the database? It is fairly easy to set up your signature for postings.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Where's This Storage Drawer?

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Me too! A rain slick street and blind overpass led to an accident that the repair cost of the 91 Camry was greater than the blue-book value. I was getting 32 MPG and 38 MPG on my last tank.

Wow! Your Camry must have been a V-4 to be getting such great mileage on it. Mine was a V-6, and I would get somewhere between 20 and 24 MPG. The body was beginning to rust out near the gas tank area, but the reason for mine's demise was that more and more things were failing on it, and it became totally ridiculous to keep putting more and more money into it when the blue book value was not so great. I was going to be needing new tires (4), and things were going on with the transmission as well as having a consistent transmission fluid leak. I'd have to check the level with each fillup. But, it was a great car and served me well.

Way back when I first posted on here, I had recorded my fill up and mileage (52 MPG on first fill-up--um, I do believe tank must have been topped-off at dealership), but then missed doing so for a couple of fill-ups, so figured it would not be accurate to just jump right back in. Getting between 40-45 MPG right now.

Bippy

Old 10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I missed this information in my owners manual and just found the storage drawer by accident in my Prius today. Very nice.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Resist
I missed this information in my owners manual and just found the storage drawer by accident in my Prius today. Very nice.
ok, i take it from all of these replies that none of us know how to get the drawer OUT...

Quick Reply: Where's This Storage Drawer?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands