What did you pay for your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

Thanks msmit for suggestion. I will give them a shout, perhaps get a good deal. In SoCal seems like the higher package (#7/8) you go, the more markup's dealers tack on. I tried Longo Toyota in LA (supposedly biggest Toyota dealer in the world), and right now it's 2-4 weeks. So I think SoCal supplies must be really tight. Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

Called many dealerships and stopped at a couple, all said they would not move off Msrp. I vistied one met a great saleperson, made a deal for 1,200 off over the phone yesterday and picked up the car today. It was Red Primus option 7, LOVE the navigation system! Purchased it from Team Toyota in Langhorne Pa tell Mike McEllgott 215 741-4200 that Steve sent you. No pressure, just honest up front discussions and quick in and out the door with my shiney new car! They even offerred to match my rate at the credit union if I wanted! I can't say much about the car, only 25 miles on it so far, but it is really different in a realy great way! Glad I made the purchase !

Old 09-01-2006, 07:47 AM
lgu
Enthusiast

IRA Toyota, Danvers MA. Purchased a blue #7 w/oak interior at 1288 under MSRP last night. Picking it up tomorrow morning. The deal was cash w/ no trade-in. Hopefully, this gives others folks in the forum more of a "pure" number because you don't have to factor in trade-in value or the margin the dealer picks up from financing, etc.

Feels good to squeak in under the Sept 30 tax deadline and to pick the car up when we did. As far as I can tell, the only reason that we picked it up for anything less than sticker up here was that I started my dealing at 7:30pm on the last day of the month (yay, sales quotas!). If I walked into the dealership this morning to negotiate for the same car, I'm pretty sure I would be looking at sticker given the car's popularity.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

Nice work, I like you did not have a trade, I think the inventory carry over for the month(avoiding dealer finaincing cost of having the car on the lot) helped each of us. There were no add ons from the dealer other than destination charges, looks like you did a little better than me. PA has an additional 500.00 rebate for buying a hybrid, I am trying to get an application now. Good luck with your car.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast

We are finishing up 3 years in Germany, where they pay almost $6.00 for a gallon by the way, and I decided I wanted to have a Prius there for us when we went home Oct 3rd to check on the house. We live in Orlando and the first deler I called from germany I could tell thought we were kidding and never heard back from. The second, Winter Haven Toyota was great as I told them I want Green Mica, Package #8, I'm paying cash, make me a fair deal and I'll buy it. Two weeks later rhey called and had one for me. They played we are selling at 2k over invoice, but we will sell to you for invoice since the deal was so easy. I told the sales man, "I asked for a fair deal", and felt since they were going to get the $400.00 dealer holdback from Toyota as they do on evey car, and since I was buying package #8, which also made them more money than someone with the lesser packages, I thought the deal wasnt fair. They came back $1,500 under invoice and we will pick the car up Oct 3rd. They are holding it for us just with our $200.00 deposit. Great guys to work with if you are in the Orlando area and looking!!!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

richw2,

Do you mean MSRP or invoice? Also this may not apply to you since your income is in Germany (see you tax accountant) but a Prius picked up in September nets a $3100 tax credit. After that it's half that.

Regards,
Lou

Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast

Actually, thanks for the correction, was $1,500 under MSRP, and they threw in the ToyoGuard Plus which retails for about $699. I also have asked the dealer if they can date the transaction Sept 30th for the reason you mentioned, THANKS!!!!. I paid $28,200 for 2006 and package #8 and ToyoGuard. then the $3k back from uncle sam...not bad in my opinion.

Rich

Old 09-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

Rich,

Glad it worked out. I'm in the market for a Prius here in Southern California but the dealers all want over MSRP for one (+$3K). I want to buy a Prius #3 with cash at or below MSRP before October but so far no luck.

Regards,
Lou

Old 09-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Lou

Good luck...Just go in with some numbers such as:
Car MSRP $21,725 Invoice $20,006
PKG## $ 1,475 Invoice $ 1,218
Totals $23,210 $21,224

They make $1,986 plus $435.00 from Toyota = $2,421 profit.

If you are l;ooking for $1,500 off, going to be toght as they only will make 1k on the deal.

When you get to the higher pakages such as #8 the MSRP for the package is $6890 versus Invoice of $5620 givingt the dealer another $1,270 profit to work with.

I also talked to my dealer, and towards the end of the month he said they will be making deals as the 2007's are being shipped and the alotment for each dealer is based on volume they sell of 2006. They are going to want to get this numer as high as possible to get as many 2007 alotted for the dealer as possible. They also get their volume incremental bonus based on the number sold per month. He suggested go in with a firm deal the last week of the month, or of course go to Orlando and he would work with you!!

Good Luck

Rich

Old 09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default SoCal Prius price

Lou, I too am looking for Prius #3 in SoCal. I have been looking/waiting for 1 month+, and the few places that does not markup above MSRP, there is a long waiting list (Longo, Hollywood). I for sure will not go to Puente Hills ($ 2K for fake wood dash), Keyes ($3K markup), Carson ($3K+more), SouthBay ($2-3K markup). I did find smaller dealers (Symes) to be easier to deal with, and am taking my delivery on 9/15 (hopefully), at MSRP. Good luck.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Prius?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands