What did you pay for your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

Package 3 at MSRP, with August 20-end delivery in west LA. I shopped around but no one within 30 miles of me has an available Prius, and only 1 is quoting MSRP if deliver before Sept (the one I am buying from). Rest are either not committing to Aug/Sept, or slap a $2-3K markup for August/Sept delivery. I suppose I might get $ 100-200 off shopping around, perhaps more out of state, but not enough to pay for time/gas/frustration. I did consider a Camry Hybrid but I like Prius's mileage, trunk space, and displays. Camry w/o NAV has no decent display for the HSD. Good luck to you all on your Prius shopping.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

I have been researching Prius for the last 3 weeks. Thanks to many of the Posts here and my calls to many dealerships here in Boston and in the DC area, I concluded that I will be luckly to get $500 below MSRP.

On Saturday, I dropped by one of the bigger dealerships here and test drove a White Prius with $28,345 MSRP -NL package. I wanted to put a deposit down for a Red one he had coming in a few days and I was trying to get a 1K discount off the MSRP. He got the Manager who offered 1.3K off the White one, right away. I was surprised, but was not fond of White. So, I told him "not interested". Since he insisted that I make a counter offer, I told him I may convince my wife if he offered 2K or better. He went inside, came back with 1.6K. I refused. He went in again and came back with the full 2K!

I had him bring the car back and check it out thoroughly, made sure that the odometer reading was (34) right and then signed the papers. I am getting the car delivered in a few hours.

Still wondering why was he in such a hurry to sell a Prius?
The only thing I could think of, is he had 7 sold and another 7 coming; may be he was trying to get a lot more allocated by Toyota, so that he can sell it at MSRP or better in September as the 3.15K tax credit expires next month.
Any ideas?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Edmunds lists a white '06 Prius with NL package at a TMV of $30,000.
You got a deal. I paid sticker for my Silver '05 with a #4 package. That was a year ago. You got a deal unless they really low balled you ona trade in.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by YesBee
. . .
Still wondering why was he in such a hurry to sell a Prius?
The only thing I could think of, is he had 7 sold and another 7 coming; may be he was trying to get a lot more allocated by Toyota, so that he can sell it at MSRP or better in September as the 3.15K tax credit expires next month.
Any ideas?
What a happy problem to have!!

At the risk of looking at a 'gift horse,' several things come to mind:

1) general slow-down - they aren't selling much of anything. Interest rates are up and the 'economic boom' has not been in wages.

2) model year change - the next models will be so good that they don't want to have any on the lot.

3) the drought is over! - Toyota may be catching up with the demand. Perhaps some Chinese supplier came 'online?'

What a nice problem to have: $2k under MSRP!!!

Boston, right? Dealer name?

Bob Wilson

Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

We got $1500 off sticker for a Package 6/HK with no trade in about 4 months ago. Found one somehow sitting on the lot at the Kenosha, WI Carmax.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:04 AM
2006 Prius Owner

Originally Posted by runman
P.S. we closed the deal a little after 10 PM. Over six hours of going back and forth. Saved myself $4995.00 plus tax.
Holy cow! Well, I'm all for saving money, don't get me wrong. But my time is also valuable. 6 hours...whoo-eee! In comparison, I do NOT feel bad for paying what I paid. I paid $1200 under MSRP for a pkg. #6, Barcellona Red. No financing extra junk or extended warranties through the dealer. Financed through Credit Union (at better than Toyota's rates) and extended warranty through my connections at Priuschat.com

I sleep good.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

I am envious of all these great deals in mid-Atlantic states. Even paying MSRP, I am getting runarounds from SoCal dealers (no firm dates). I am going to shop around DC area, VA (preferred). Any suggestions? I am looking for a Prius #3, 4 or #7, 8. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, besides CA, what other states qualify for Prius's extra-CARB warranty?

Old 08-29-2006, 05:35 AM
2006 Prius Owner

In the Central Atlantic area (Including MD/DC/VA) you can get packages 3, 6, 7 & 8. You can get every color except black (unless by some odd chance it was DX'ed from another region.)

Just FYI for those who are considering comeing to the right coast... Oh, and hey... if you do, it's a nice area to visit. Ya know, take in some monuments in DC, get some crabcakes or steamed crabs in Baltimore...

Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Enthusiast

MidAtlantic states are sure beautiful, as long as not in July. I like DC too, just can't stand the people in those big white buildings with pillars and domes. Any suggestions on good dealers in MD, VA or NJ?

Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
2006 Prius Owner

Hey, why not drop by W's place and show him your new Prius while you're here.

In Baltimore, I went through Castle Toyota. $1200 off MSRP on a pkg #6. Greg Taylor is the Internet Sales Manager. Nice folks, really worked to get me what I wanted. Tell them Maggi smith sent ya.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Prius?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands