Undocumented commands!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Undocumented commands!

There are a number of posts regarding turning off back-up and seat-belt beeps...and someday someone will post how to turn off the nav screen beeps!

But here's another...how to enter destinations and other nav features while moving (but DO keep your thoughts on your driving):

In sequence:
Press the MENU button on the dash
Press the VOLUME button on the screen
Press the upper left corner on the screen (where the speaker icon is located)
Press the lower left corner of the screen
Press the upper left corner again
Press the lower left corner again

On the screen that appears:
Press the OVERRIDE button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deslected.
Press the BACK button to get back to the previous screen.

These instructions came from: http://hybridcars.about.com/od/owner...navigation.htm

-sd

Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Undocumented commands!

This is a great sequence, and I use it all the time, however once you get to the service screen, there are a number of other things you can press. Be extremely careful in this area, since pressing the wrong command can disable your car and require a dealer to reload the system.

In the GPS screen, you can see your actual latitude and longitude along with GMT (Grenich Mean Time). I use this to set my clock, since is is way more accurate than the telephone.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas to All.

Doug

Old 12-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Undocumented commands!

Well first off, that About site is run by Eric Powers, a mod here.

But -- wow! In my two years of hybrid "enthusiasm" I've never come across such directions. And I've always hated the disabled nav screen. I had no idea there was a way to enable it! I'll be sure to do this as soon as I get back to my car in January.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

AFAIK, the system resets when the car is turned off. I just figured that when I actually want to disengage the auto-off, I'll have forgotten the sequence; and, it just has not been important enough to me to commit to memory.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Enthusiast

I have an 06 Prius. I tried to override the nav screen, but it didn't work. Does anyone know if there is a way to override the nav screen on the 06?