Is Toyota Limiting Prius Production?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Is Toyota Limiting Prius Production?

Originally Posted by PriusGuy04
I bought a 3-year old used Prius for ~$900 more than the new price for a Scion xB with the same features, ~$16,400. I don't regret it one bit since my gas savings are already saving one car payment per year.

The Honda hybrid is a nice car but the Prius fits our family better . . . my wife has back problems and the heigth of the Prius makes it easier for her to get in and out.
I have heard of the used 02-04 Prius holding its value, sometimes costing $5,000 less than new.
Here in Fla. They even had a case in 04' were the sales men would buy the car drive it & put 300-400 miles on it, then sell it on ebay or the autotrader as new/used make up some reason why they could not keep the car and still ask 20,000 for it... I have not heard of this with the hondas, ( but it may not be as publicized as toyota was).

My 04' Prius saved me $648.00 the first year of ownership in gas money..

I asked the wife if she would drive a civic hybrid next time we buy, I was surprised when she said she would rather have a hybrid camry or another prius as she has ridden in the civic and does not like it... oh well I tried..

I had also heard the rumor but it was not due to sales but rather they were slowing down production, to make way for the camry..
The part about getting in & out was not something I really noticed (comapred to my Chev Lumina) until I had been driving my 06 Prius about a week. Then I realized that i didn't have to climb out, but just sort of turned out & stood up. A big benefit for my arthritic knees