Tallest person driving a Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Tallest person driving a Prius?

I am 6'5" and took a Prius test drive a few weeks ago. It was like driving a go-cart. I had the steering wheel between my knees. The dealer tried to adjust the seat and steering wheel for me, but couldn't. Too bad because I was ready to buy on the spot.
Then I read that Will Ferrell drives a Prius. I think he's about 6'4". I wonder if his Prius has a special interior for comfort?

Old 12-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tallest person driving a Prius?

I'm 6'4" and have enough leg room. My biggest complaint is lack of thigh support and lack of adjustment for the seat bottom. (My fiancee's Corolla has a mechanical adjustment. You'd think they could put one in the Prius.) I've added an Obus Forme seat, and that's helped make it acceptable even on long trips. I made a 2000 mile RT to Hybridfest in Madison, WI last July, and it was no problem as long as I stopped to stretch my legs every couple of hours.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm 6'4" and fit very well in my parent's new Prius. I was actually astonished about how open and spacious the "cockpit" is. I love how the dashboard is so small and "floats" above the floor without a center support. I feel much less cramped than in my gf's 2004 Corolla.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by andrewbmoore
I'm 6'4" and fit very well in my parent's new Prius. I was actually astonished about how open and spacious the "cockpit" is. I love how the dashboard is so small and "floats" above the floor without a center support. I feel much less cramped than in my gf's 2004 Corolla.
I loved the dashboard too. In fact, I loved the entire layout. Funny thing, the salesman made every adjustment he could to get me to fit in a Prius, but we didn't have any luck. I am 6'5" and about 230 lbs. I had the steering wheel between my knees.
Something is wrong here?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Proportionately longer legs? What's your inseam? Mine's 34".

Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

@Jim

That's a very good point. I am also 230 lbs but my inseam is 34". I had the seat as far back as it could go, so I suppose a longer inseam would present a problem.

I personally own a Camry Hybrid and was astonished to find that I could not properly reach the pedals/steering with the seat extended at max. This is the first car I've ever been in that I couldn't move the seat all the way back! You may have to consider a Camry Hybrid if you cannot fit comfortably in a Prius.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by JimboK
Proportionately longer legs? What's your inseam? Mine's 34".
I have a 36' inseam.
Please don't ask for any other measurements.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast

I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam & I fit fine. I am a mbr of the Twin Cities Tall Club & I have had other mbrs of the club seat in the driver seat & they have not fit, but they all had longer inseams.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicst47
I have a 36' inseam.
Please don't ask for any other measurements.
Those two extra inches probably make all the difference then.

I agree with Andrew: The Camry hybrid might be a more suitable ride, and likely a more comfortable one.

Don't worry about me asking for more. I would ask only with an expectation of having to reveal some in return, and that ain't happenin'!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 AM

Don't worry about me asking for more. I would ask only with an expectation of having to reveal some in return, and that ain't happenin'! [/quote]
LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Tallest person driving a Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands