Tailgating problem solution

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Engineering first
Talking Tailgating problem solution

Hi folks,

If tailgating of your Prius has become a problem, the solution is to get the Coastal Electronics Tech, bolt-on receiver hitch. Instead of carrying bicycles, strap an empty, 5 gal. gasoline can, the brigher the better, to the bike platform. Something about the potential of 5 gal. of gasoline will intimidate the largest "Land Yacht" to 'back off.' For good measure and balance, strap an empty propane tank to the other side. Just make sure your license and lights remain unobstructed.

Bob Wilson

ps. Putting a small box labeled 'matches' between the two would complete the effect but might be a bit obvious.

pps. Inspired by the blues song, "Oh Lord, Let the governor have a 16 car accident with a gasoline truck struck by a match wagon . . ."

Old 04-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned
Default Re: Tailgating problem solution

My fantasy solution was to have flash bulbs approaching the intensity of the flash of a nuclear explosion.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
My fantasy solution was to have flash bulbs approaching the intensity of the flash of a nuclear explosion.
Even a disposable, flash camera would be a hazard and worse, incite 'retaliation.' I prefer passive-aggressive approaches that work at the brain-stem level. <grins>

Bob Wilson

Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

It's use would be reserved for the particularly nasty tailgaters. The flash would blind to the point they would need to pull over - no way they could engage in "hot pursuit".

Old 04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You wouldn't get far before a cop pulled you over.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by foo monkey
You wouldn't get far before a cop pulled you over.
There was an episode from the 60s TV show Dragnet. Guy rigged his old car to lower a steel plate under his rear bumper that would send sparks like in a welding shop at the tailgater.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Tailgating problem solution

There was an episode from the 60s TV show Dragnet. Guy rigged his old car to lower a steel plate under his rear bumper that would send sparks like in a welding shop at the tailgater.
I drove a Model A Ford in high school and there were a couple of punks who thought it was smart to 'harrass' the old car driver. So I put a handfull of bottle rockets in the spare tire carrier on the back and ran the igniter wire to the cabin with access to the 6 V. battery. Then next time, a 'flower' of exploding pop bottle rockets shot at them and after they screeched to a stop and stopped laughing, we didn't have any more trouble.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned

Old 04-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey that was re-done on an old CHiPs episode too! Ponch and John spent the whole episode trying to catch an old beat up Camaro or Firebird that was causing accidents by doing that same thing!

Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ender21
Hey that was re-done on an old CHiPs episode too! Ponch and John spent the whole episode trying to catch an old beat up Camaro or Firebird that was causing accidents by doing that same thing!
Wonder if that was one of the episodes Michael Dorn was in? There is nothing about my nickname that would hint I'd be interested in him as an actor.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 04-19-2006 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Tailgating problem solution

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands