Stupid question about coins

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Nut
Question Stupid question about coins

Has anyone figured out a clever or at least workable place to store coins in a Prius II?

Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Stupid question about coins

Maybe not too clever, but you could use the coin tray in the console. You can also keep your cell phone, house keys and other stuff in it :-)

Old 09-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Nut

Originally Posted by bruceha_2000
Maybe not too clever, but you could use the coin tray in the console. You can also keep your cell phone, house keys and other stuff in it :-)
Do you mean that center downward opening mini-shelf where I keep my EZPass and garage door opener?

Old 09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

How about the hidden pull out tray in the center console; it's a great hiding spot!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Engineering first

My wife's purse?

(Actually a trick question . . . she finds all of the money.)

Bob Wilson

Old 09-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Coins? What coins? I use a credit card! +G

Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 AM
Nut

EZPass adoption has gotten so high in NJ that there are long lines on the EZPass-only lanes while the exact change lanes are empty.

I want the coins handy so I have the alternative. But I don't want a sloppy mess of coins in my new car!

Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

My wife gave me a small tupperware cup to put in the center console, where I drop all my change. This works, sort of, at least the change is not floating around in there, but it is always under something else.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's silly but at home, I always kept my coins in the top of something, like an Altoids tin or the top to one of those Barrel of Monkeys games. Once I bought my Prius I just picked up my little Barrel of Monkeys top filled with coins, and put it in the armwrest - it fits snugly in there, it's just the right fit to avoid sliding around. Holds a ton of coins there too, and if I need the coins to leave the car - picks right up and comes with me. Of course it looks funny with me carrying around a bright green top to a child's game, but no one needs to know that's where it came from.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas
My wife gave me a small tupperware cup to put in the center console, where I drop all my change. This works, sort of, at least the change is not floating around in there, but it is always under something else.
I have done the same thing and it works but it is not really convenient.

Quick Reply: Stupid question about coins

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands