Speeding Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Speeding Ticket!

==

Last edited by jjryan; 11-16-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Engineering Professor
Default Re: Speeding Ticket!

As I told my wife when she was ticketed at 77 in a 65 zone (I80 in Ohio - take care); Set the cruise control to under 10 over the limit so you won't be stopped.

If you show up and the officer doesn't you get off. Otherwise chalk it up as educational.

JeffD

Old 12-31-2005, 02:54 PM

Some states offer classes or whatever that you can take that will take it off your record.

Other than that either pay it, or go to court and hope the cop doesn't show up.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

yep normally i actually go 8 over with cruise on. i was just cruising with the flow and was the lucky victom. i might try and get the driving school thing too. since it's also an insurance discount

Old 12-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Take it from someone that has a masters degree in driving schools, lol, i have done 2 4 hour classes and 2 8 hour classes. Oh well . anyway go to court, hope the cop doesnt show up, if he does go in front of the judge and say, Your honor, this is my first speeding ticket and i would like to request a drivers school (if avail in your area) in place of a mark on my record. You will have to pay the fine and the fee for the class but once your done and you dont get another for 6 mo. it will drop off your record. good luck . Dean

Old 12-31-2005, 04:40 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by jjryan
Ok fellow prius owners need your help. I'm 23 and just got my first ticket. I was going 50 on a highly traveled 4 lane road. It's 35. Two cars in front of me were also going 50. Long story short I have a court date now. What should I do? I don't want this ticket on my record.
Ouch....and in a hybrid no less. I would have said that it wasn't my fault, that I was in glide mode engine off just drafting the other cars.... Would have been a real head scratcher...

Old 12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Make sure any court paperwork gets your name spelled in the normal way (upper case and lower case) and not ALL-CAPS, and no A.K.A. ALL-CAPS next to the normal spelling. Sounds strange, but I've heard of people having their case dismissed upon insisting their name be spelled correctly.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Speeding Ticket!

Originally Posted by jjryan
Ok fellow prius owners need your help. I'm 23 and just got my first ticket. I was going 50 on a highly traveled 4 lane road. It's 35. Two cars in front of me were also going 50. Long story short I have a court date now. What should I do? I don't want this ticket on my record.
Hello Jamie: After reading through the Post here with the many varied replies I think the one that really best fits your situation is Number 5.

Take it from someone that has a masters degree in driving schools, lol, i have done 2 4 hour classes and 2 8 hour classes. Oh well . anyway go to court, hope the cop doesnt show up, if he does go in front of the judge and say, Your honor, this is my first speeding ticket and i would like to request a drivers school (if avail in your area) in place of a mark on my record. You will have to pay the fine and the fee for the class but once your done and you dont get another for 6 mo. it will drop off your record. good luck . Dean

I myself received a Speeding Ticket on the way to the Hospital where my Mother-In-Law was Dying of Brain Cancer and the State Trooper still wrote the Ticket. I was doing 80 in a 70 on the Interstate. I took the Newspaper article with me to court where it had her Death Notice in it and the date and as Dean pointed out the Judge said Traffic Safety School. Your situation is different but Thats why I said I think Dean has the Correct approach to your situation.

You have nothing to loose at this point, Right? Traffic Safety School or worse case pay the Ticket. I think the Judge will give you the Traffic School since you cared enough to go to Court to try to help yourself.

Good-Luck

Terry

Old 12-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: Speeding Ticket!

Originally Posted by Schwa
Make sure any court paperwork gets your name spelled in the normal way (upper case and lower case) and not ALL-CAPS, and no A.K.A. ALL-CAPS next to the normal spelling. Sounds strange, but I've heard of people
having their case dismissed upon insisting their name be spelled correctly.
Hmmm, I think he might just p*ss off the judge in Arkansas with that one....

Don

Old 12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dshelman
Hmmm, I think he might just p*ss off the judge in Arkansas with that one....
If you are already dealing with the judge it's way too late, so yes you would **** the judge off if you tried to bring up anything like that directly with them.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands