Seat Covers for my 05 loaded Red Salsa Prius

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Seat Covers for my 05 loaded Red Salsa Prius

I need to know if I should cover my (cream-colored) seats -- wow they get dirty fast! with a seat cover??? and if the covers would restrict any side-impact bag employment?? J. Mr Bosox! Ps if yu know of any good covers tell me!

Old 08-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Covers for my 05 loaded Red Salsa Prius

I picked up a set of inexpensive covers at Wallmart for about $30 (Fronts only). The fit is not that great, but they do keep the seats clean, and since I work at construction sites they were a good investment.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

I just uploaded a photo of my seat covers. They were a bit expensive, but so is a new interior, and that light tan/ivory is very light. They are custom fit neoprene wetsuit material seats from wetokole.com. I picked color code 100 and it looks great, but they will mail you free swatches of any color they have. the website dosen't show a prius graphic, but they definitely have it, you may have to ask a manager or something. Set includes both front seats (rear seats available) headrest covers and center armrest cover (not shown here because I already had an armrest cover I like better). They also add about 1/2 inch of foam padding to the seating surfaces.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.sigmaauto.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

This website has seatcovers,... but, gulp... $295 per seat!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

I have a very large hairy dog who rides in the back with me all the time. So I bought fitted waterproof Prius seat covers for the back seat from our local Toyota dealer. When they came, I read the instructions and realized that it would be a major project to install them myself!!!! So I asked the dealer to do it...it was quite expensive (over $100 to install) and even they had difficulty with the folddown arm. I'm glad I have the waterproofing since T-bear periodically dumps his water dish all over; but if I'd realized I couldn't do the installation, I probably would have figured out something else.

In the front seat, I just picked up some sheepskin covers at Kragen and they work fine. They've been installed now for almost 2 years and 50,000 miles.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

Seat Covers for Prius II should be not covering the side impact bag area on driver's side-- so the Sheep skin style would hopefully be just covering the front basis on seat not so much the side J fromVA

Old 10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast

I forgot to mention the custom neoprene ones above come with cutouts for side airbags, but they are still a bit pricey ~$225 for both seats and armrest, plus extra for graphic. but a friend convinced me they last forever

Old 10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I second that for the Wet Okole, just picked up a set for my Insight two weeks ago (took almost a month for them to make them for me). Got the color I wanted and they make teh seats much more comfortable with the additional padding.