ScanGuage II

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question ScanGuage II

I am thinking about purchasing a ScanGuage II to monitor the amount of fuel going to the engine and RPMs etc. Also the added benefit of trip information for the current trip, current day, previous day and current tank are helpful. That means I can organize my FE data much more easily.

Does anyone use the SGII? If so, what are your thoughts and impressions? Where is the OBDII port on the Prius? I haven't looked yet....

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can provide.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGuage II

I just bought one for my Vue Greenline and I love it!! I do mostly highways miles and it lets me keep a realtime eye on my mpg. I realized a 2.5 mpg increase on my first tank after installing it. It really lets you see what that little extra pressure on the gas pedal is doing to your mileage. Lots of info from a little package!!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Engineering Professor

Originally Posted by tekn0wledg
Where is the OBDII port on the Prius? I haven't looked yet....
It's behind a little door near the hood release. Many people have bought and used the SG (I and II) on their Prii. It does a good general job, but doesn't have access to Prius specific information (HV Battery Voltage and SOC).

JeffD

Old 07-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Jeff!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

It works fairly well. It does get confused once in a while, and stays on, or appears to "lock up". Easy to fix, or fixes itself. The OBDII port is on the right side of the steering column, above the accelerator pedal. It isn't covered. I stuck my Scangauge II above the power button. I had it on the other side of the steering wheel at first, but my Nuvi 650 lives there now.

I have it display:
fuel comsumption (L/Hr)----------------------------------------12V battery voltage
Engine RPM-----------------------------------------------------Coolant temperature (C)

Attached Files
File Type: zip
gpsandscangauge small.zip (58.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've noticed my SG2 resets to the home screen about 2 times a week. I contacted the manufacture and they say a fix is in the works and will reflash my unit. Apparently there is a voltage drop at times out of the OBDII port and this is what resets the SG2.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David Beale
I stuck my Scangauge II above the power button. I had it on the other side of the steering wheel at first, but my Nuvi 650 lives there now.
Awesome, thanks for the picture.

I ordered mine the other day from Amazon for $10 off the retail price, so hopefully I'll get it sometime early next week.

I will post my thoughts on it as I get some seat time with it.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

When you get it, set the fuel type to "Hybrid", the fuel tank size to 45 L, and the engine size to 1.5 L. Then, if you want you can switch to US units of measurement. It should convert the settings for you. You can't set the fuel tank size accurately any other way.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David Beale
When you get it, set the fuel type to "Hybrid", the fuel tank size to 45 L, and the engine size to 1.5 L. Then, if you want you can switch to US units of measurement. It should convert the settings for you. You can't set the fuel tank size accurately any other way.
Ahh, excellent, thank you for the information!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I received my SG2 yesterday. I am going to configure it today and play around with it. I'll post any relevant information and thoughts as I get some seat time.

Quick Reply: ScanGuage II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands