It’s about time …

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default It’s about time …

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up A word about rural dealers...

I purchased my Prius from Town Toyota in East Wenatchee, Washington on 12/11/04. Bill Swindoll was the dealer I worked with. If you purchase from them go ahead and tell them you heard about them from me. PM me if you want contact info for them. Honestly, I'm not trying to plug the dealer, but with so many "bad" experiences out there I think good dealers deserve to be mentioned.

When I started talking with the dealer in November he had 3 on the lot, none of which were a color or package I wanted and he had no waiting list. He was happy to acquire the exact vehicle I wanted in spite of his lot stock. He also didn't seem too concerned about selling his lot stock, only mentioned that it would sell in time.

When I picked up my Prius, he had one on the lot which was a package 6 in white over brown. Apparently he had sold all of the units which had been on the lot when I started my order with him, as this car was not one he had described to me when we first started talking.

My experience with rural or out of the way dealers is that they are usually more flexible, more interested in making the sale and much more accommodating. They also have limited waiting lists or none at all.

I didn't get anything off MSRP, I tried, however I was never asked for a premium or pushed to buy coatings or fabric protectors or other services or even extended warranties. I did purchase an extended warranty, and they were willing to negotiate the price on that to a price much closer to what I've seen on various Prius posting boards.

For the more urban members I cannot express how important it is to check with multiple dealers and to work with dealers which may be 100 miles or more away from your home. You may get the benefit of a quicker delivery, better price, or just less hassle.