prius tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I can't travel to the west or east coast to pick up a car. We absolutely NEED to trade in the car to get a different car (my dad really wants to get rid of it) so PZEV isnt an option. Likewise, I wouldnt be able to get NAVI. It has got to be cheap. That's one of the reasons I can't get a Prius, is because we dont have enough money (father is saving up for something I can't tell you, but its a business venture).

I am also not a highway driver. I wouldn't get over 40 mpg
as for the xA, I would personally consider it, but then there's my father
I dont really like the speedometer in the center... if they put it where the prius's speedometer is, i think it would be a lot easier. Anyways, this is only temporary, and when I can save enough I will get a used Prius by trading in the tC

Old 08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

flare,
I may interject the option of the corolla? Although you would take a milage hit from a similar civic, but with slightly more room. Other than that you have a good list, but i'd like to say that the tC is quite a porker at over 3,000 #'s and then the xA is only saved from being underpowered by its short final drive ratio...this really cuts its efficiency (It only achieves 1 mpg better than the corolla [2000, the new model is the same] in city, same on the highway) The Corolla also offers more room (although large items cant be as large, w/ 4 ppl, you can fit more stuff in the corolla). Just my thoughts.
cheers
Steven

Old 08-29-2004, 08:33 PM

FWIW, I got my 04 Civic Hybrid CVT AT-PZEV in 4-3-04 for $19,342 + tax and license in California.
Sticker was $21,290.
that's almost 2000 off.

This price may not be possible today regardless of your negotiating skill.
Demand has gone up since April, and they know it.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:36 PM

That would depend if a corolla had typical toyota steering
My dad is the one who will be deciding and he really likes good handling. So far the only purchases he makes are Audi's because they feel solid to him.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:24 AM

I also like the big legroom in the back, the standard dual moonroofs, the hatchback (only useful if rear seats are folded down) and also the standard CD/MP3 Player, and also the reclining rear seats.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:00 PM

flare,
I forgot to even mention the Mazda 3, Car and Driver really liked them, and consumer reports put them as the top dog in the econoboxes. It gets better fuel economy and gets to 60 faster than the corolla. Not really sure about the steering though. (the corolla has more feedback that my dads maxima, about the same as my bro's civic)
Cheers,
Steven

Old 08-30-2004, 05:25 PM

I've looked at that too. I compared the mazda3 with options to match up with the tC's standard features and it came out to be a little bit more expensive. Plus, the packages are a little awkward. I can't get an mp3 player without sacrificing the moonroof... where the tC comes standard with two. And also, you have to add ABS. Its not standard. If I were to get a mazda3 I would definately want the hatchback, and now it has added up to 20,000 whereas the tC came to 18,000.

Old 08-30-2004, 10:06 PM

This is awkward... I honestly dont think we'll be able to choose a car

We went from..honda Accord tC to MAZDA3 to MAZDA RX-8 (extremely awkward) to Subaru Impreza back to Honda Accord then Toyota Camry then back to MAZDA3 then Jetta and Passat then Audi TT then Acura RSX and then Acura TSX.

and at the end... back to Prius

Old 08-31-2004, 04:20 PM

flare,
Mmmmm, RX-8, mmmm.
Cheers,
Steven

Old 09-01-2004, 02:25 PM

Hahahah RX-8 to me is... *vomit*
I hate the fenders....on all mazdas

Quick Reply: prius tomorrow?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands