Prius -- First Impression [long]

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius -- First Impression [long]

Originally Posted by philmcneal
Oh and I still don't know today which car 06 hch or 06/05 priii is the quieter one espically during highway speeds at 60 mph. I assume the HCH has more road noise thanks to its tires, but the engine noise in the PRI can get loud too at high speeds, reports from some people.
Ok, I can't compare the cars but I can say that the Prius have almost no ENGINE noise at highway speed. It has road noise and wind noise but the engine is not normally loud apart from when passing. It's a relativley quiet car at highway speed.

Originally Posted by philmcneal
As for hypermileage efforts, it seems the HCHII is beggining to show some interesting results as well since people just learned of the HCHII no fuel glide trick which is very similar to the Prius deadband state although easier to achieve in more situations in the HCHII. **** which car would be the superior one? I know the Prius is the hypermileage proven performer but how much better can the HCHII do?
I don't think the HCHII can achieve a dead pan state easier then the Prius. Also in real world traffic you often need to maintain speed and the Prius will be better at doing that with using battery mode only.

In the end they end up suprisingly close with a slight edge to the Prius. I doubt the HCH will suddenly pass the Prius.