prius

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default prius

what micrenvironmental factors affected the introduction and re-launch of the prius and how well had toyota dealt with these factors?

Old 08-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: prius

Hi,
Originally Posted by etienne
what micrenvironmental factors affected the introduction and re-launch of the prius
This is a confusing question so I will re-word it into something that can be answered. I think you are asking what were the changes between the different Prius models?

The Prius has gone through three generations:

1) NHW10 - sold only in Japan, it had the weakest hybrid system and batteries. However, it proved the concept, 1997-1999

2) NHW11 - the first model sold in the USA, has a stronger hybrid system and improved batteries. More power is available and improved systems. This is the model I drive, 2000-2003

3) NHW20 - the current model sold in the USA has the strongest hybrid system and a lower voltage, smaller yet more capable battery pack. It also uses a motor operated airconditioner compressor instead of engine driven. In Europe and Japan, it has an electric vehicle operation button, 2004-current.

Originally Posted by etienne
and how well had toyota dealt with these factors?
It was recently reported by a hybrid skeptic, CNW Marketing, that there is only a 4-day inventory, not the usual 60-day inventory. This means they are sold nearly as soon as they arrive and there are frequent reports of advanced sales.

From a performance standpoint, the USA EPA ratings:

52/45 - City/Highway MPG for NHW11
60/51 - City/Highway MPG for NHW20

If you will click on the "Comparison" tab, you can see what drivers have reported.

Bob Wilson

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands