New Prius for us

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Prius for us

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but as my husband and I just bought a lovely new 2007 Prius 3 days ago, I thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves. In addition to the Prius, we also have a 2006 Honda Insight and we are very pleased to have 2 hybrids now.
The Prius is sooo impressive. I think it is the nicest car we have ever had. It seems like everything is so well thought out in it. Although I love my Insight, I have to admit that the Prius is a much more comfortable ride.
This Prius makes the 4th hybrid in our overall family. My parents own a 2006 Insight and my brother-in-law owns a 2001 or 2002 Insight (I forget which year).

It's nice to have access to forums like this as we get to know our new family member

Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Prius for us

Good morning. I am also new to the Hybrid game as I made it all happen just last Thursday. I made a quick weekend trip up the coast to test out the MPG and break in Tucker a little bit. Have you given your new Prius a name yet?

On an aside, are there suggestions out there on maximizing the MPG? My trip odometer turned in a 45.0 MPG for my tank, yet my actual figures brought in 42.1...

Old 03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tucker
...On an aside, are there suggestions out there on maximizing the MPG? My trip odometer turned in a 45.0 MPG for my tank, yet my actual figures brought in 42.1...
I would suggest looking at the Fuel Economy & Emissions part of these forms https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...splay.php?f=22 you will find good information about your question.

don't forget to visit the FAQ in the Prius forms at https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=6645 and read past the Definitions and terms to get to the meat of the post.

Last edited by Macromage; 03-19-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

We named our Prius Guinness. I've managed to get 52 mpg while driving it. After driving our Insight for a year, I've gotten pretty good at coasting to a stop, slow starts and slow accelerations. My husband is still getting it down. He has not driven the Insight nearly as much since it is mine, so he has to learn how to adapt his driving style. I really like this car, but I will always love my Insight the best

Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Engineering first

Welcome!!

Originally Posted by kmiller7779
We named our Prius Guinness. I've managed to get 52 mpg while driving it. After driving our Insight for a year, I've gotten pretty good at coasting to a stop, slow starts and slow accelerations. My husband is still getting it down. He has not driven the Insight nearly as much since it is mine, so he has to learn how to adapt his driving style. I really like this car, but I will always love my Insight the best
I like the name! It is black too?

As others pointed out, we've got a 'sticky' on a FAQ with some Prius tips and hopefully, you'll get a chance to start a database record for the Prius and possibly the Insight. We're great advocates of using the database as a way to track mileage and what works and doesn't work.

Only because I'm curious, what part of the country are you driving in?

Also, are you' all technical folks?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Old 03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast

It's magnetic gray. We really like the color. I did look at the FAQ's and my husband has been reading in the forums for tips. We live in the Raleigh area of NC. Luckily, this means nice weather for most of the year and better MPG!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands