Needed Improvements

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Needed Improvements

Personally, I think even the most sophisticated audio driving instructions are pretty worthless. I had one system in a rental car nearly get me mugged in Oakland! Instead of going the Garmin "Streetpilot" route, I got a bigger screen with a Garmin marine chartplotter, & loaded a chart chip with their very good Mapsource data. I don't get any directions, but the maps are superb, and with the larger screen, I can SEE my destination.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Still, after all the work-arounds, one expects that after paying out $$$$$$ for an added feature, it would work well. Having an integrated NAV system is worth its weight in gold. Having one which you expect will work well, and not is worse than wasted money. It can be downright dangerous. Hence their disclaimers.

I'd say I'd never buy one again. However I plan to keep this Prius 'til I die, sooooo. Better get used to it. And use Google Maps.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
MPG!

Originally Posted by centrider
You know, I noticed something like that today. I commented to my wife as I805 became I5 in San Diego, that I didn't hear our madame bleu announce I5 was ahead.

Usually, the NAV also announces to continue when leaving a rest area. In fact, she didn't bother to tell us we were home (your destination is . . .).

I haven't noticed backlighting on my wheel controls. I think it best to memorize their location and hit them by touch.

centrider

boy that brings back some memories... Sure miss that San Diego weather being all the way up here in Michigan!

Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yep. Didn't move from Chicago to SoCal for nothing. Still, no snow, ice - sleet. All those weather phenom which made growing up in Chi Town such misery.

Than throw in a year's tour-of-duty in Thule, Greenland followed by 2 years in Topeka, Ks.

Glad I can see Big Bear from Huntington Beach/Long Beach.

Have fun in the snow.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by plusaf
my '04 has backlighting on the steering wheel buttons, though i think they're not bright enough to be practical...

gang... did toyota, in their "infinite wisdom" remove this feature, or does pkittie have her dash lights turned down?

I played with the dash brightness and it didn't affect the steering wheel at all. What I did notice was a faint, ghostly light, as if it was one of those solar absorbing coatings that luminesced when it was dark. Still jabbing at buttons and changing things that I don't want to change. Oh well

Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

There is one improvement that the 2007 has over the 2005. The 2007 is going to produce more HP!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bparsons
There is one improvement that the 2007 has over the 2005. The 2007 is going to produce more HP!
The 2004-2007 US Prius has same engine specification, 76HP.
The Japanese Prius used to have 77ps engine, but Toyota is going to reduce it to 76ps starting February 1st, 2006.

Ken@Japan

Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Plusaffff...

We just updated our garmin C330 (free) map V7 two days ago... more details.. for sure. We just used USP cable hook up with our PC. However, Garmin map V8 is also available too with purchasing Garmin C530, C550 or higher.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bparsons

More HP is Always great!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cloud
More HP is Always great!!!!!!
I must admit, I miss that seat of the pants feeling when I used to own my last fast car. I am hoping that some day those kinds of cars can return. Those old muscle cars from the 60's and 70's were fast!!

Quick Reply: Needed Improvements

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands