My first 60mpg tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My first 60mpg tank

Feels good, doesn't it? I got a tank two weeks ago that calculated to 4.0 l/100 km, 58.8 MPG US, 70.6 MPG imperial. It included about 300 km of high speed driving with the rest city.

The corollary of this occurred when I was late, in a hurry, and on a mostly deserted mountain road (very curvy, lots of up and down, narrow two lane). I "flogged" poor Pearl over this road - about 150 km total. Mileage on that tank was a "terrible" 5.2 l/100 km, 45 MPG US, 54 MPG imperial. So even when driven hard, the Prius gets fantastic mileage. Oh, and those who claim a Prius doesn't handle well are wrong. It's no sports car, but Pearl handled the road very well, at speeds in the corners that would have passengers beating me to slow down!

A few days ago I got my lowest fuel gauge reading so far - two pips. When I refilled I put in 80% of fuel tank specified capacity - 36 litres. So my gauge seems to be accurate.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My first 60mpg tank

Originally Posted by David Beale
Feels good, doesn't it? I got a tank two weeks ago that calculated to 4.0 l/100 km, 58.8 MPG US, 70.6 MPG imperial. It included about 300 km of high speed driving with the rest city.

The corollary of this occurred when I was late, in a hurry, and on a mostly deserted mountain road (very curvy, lots of up and down, narrow two lane). I "flogged" poor Pearl over this road - about 150 km total. Mileage on that tank was a "terrible" 5.2 l/100 km, 45 MPG US, 54 MPG imperial. So even when driven hard, the Prius gets fantastic mileage. Oh, and those who claim a Prius doesn't handle well are wrong. It's no sports car, but Pearl handled the road very well, at speeds in the corners that would have passengers beating me to slow down!

A few days ago I got my lowest fuel gauge reading so far - two pips. When I refilled I put in 80% of fuel tank specified capacity - 36 litres. So my gauge seems to be accurate.
wow.. nice to know.

Hmm 36 litres?!? Dang, I gotta get me some of them Albertan juice!! 36 litres is what I pump on a blinking bar!!!