Misc. Prius accessories for sale on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Misc. Prius accessories for sale on eBay

Hi, everybody!

About a week and a half ago, my beloved 2005 Prius was totaled in an accident. I managed to rescue a few things from it before it was hauled off to the salvage yard and placed them on eBay. If you're looking to pick up any of these, please consider placing a bid. Thank you, and good luck with your cars! Unfortunately, due to some financial issues I probably won't be getting another one of these "wonder cars" - I have to downsize to something less expensive, although fuel-efficient for a "regular" car. I'll always be a little sad (and jealous) when I see one of you drive by.

The items for sale are (click on the link to take you to the item on eBay):

SKS smart key fob (1 of 2)

SKS smart key fob (2 of 2)

Floor mats (set of 4, Ivory)

Cargo mat (Ivory)

Cargo net

Owner's manual

Navigation owner's manual

Old 04-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Misc. Prius accessories for sale on eBay

Originally Posted by bcool
. . .About a week and a half ago, my beloved 2005 Prius was totaled in an accident. I managed to rescue a few things from it before it was hauled off to the salvage yard . . .
Bummer! Any details about the accident?

Do you know which salvage yard got it? Any photos of the car?

Bob Wilson

Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast

was hoping you had a bra for sale.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndyDoug
was hoping you had a bra for sale.
Indy Doug,

Here's a good site for Prius parts; ie front bra; covers; mud flaps;ect.....

Hope this is will help u....Max

http://sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

Old 04-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

No, I don't know what salvage yard ended up with the car...or even if it's left the impound lot yet. It was initially sent to D & L Rideout Services in Valley Park, MO (phone # is 636-225-6183). Give them a call if you want to track the car down - they should be able to tell you where it's at.

I have a picture over at PriusChat.com: Click here to see it

I was hit at the left front quarter panel and spun around about 3 times before coming to a stop. The front airbags deployed, but the side ones didn't - I guess the angle of impact was such that the side ones didn't didn't sense the collision. I'm a testimony to the Prius' crash protection - other than some minor cuts from glass & some pretty nasty bruises, I came out of it pretty well. I was only going about 10mph or so & the other car was probably doing around 45mph.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've often wondered if Toyota holds Prii in reserve to replace those destroyed in accidents (so those owners will be able to bypass the waiting lists and get a Prii).

Old 04-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It looks like most of those dents will buff right out. Just kidding. Glad you came out OK and it's nice to know the Prius is such a safe car.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by infael
I've often wondered if Toyota holds Prii in reserve to replace those destroyed in accidents (so those owners will be able to bypass the waiting lists and get a Prii).
No. No car company holds popular vehicles in reserve waiting for accident victims to come and get their cars. Nice idea, but not particularly reasonable to expect out of a company who's job it is to sell cars to anybody who wants them, etc.

As an aside, waiting lists for the vehicle should be disappearing as Toyota's production is basically up to demand. So, to prospective owners, if the dealer you are talking to has a waiting list, keep looking. There are plenty of dealers out there who do not have waiting lists and are more than willing to look for your exact needs in this car.