MFD; WHY DOES IT CHANGE COLORS/?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MFD; WHY DOES IT CHANGE COLORS/?

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I have a lot of questions about your 02. How many miles? What region of the country? There are several ECUs, which one? Could you e-mail me the dealer who has the '02?

As for the battery resealing, I bought an 03, well after the resealing advisory. Also, I follow the "Prius Technical Stuff" forum and they have all of the Toyota advisories.

Was the original 02 in the GreenHybrid database?

What is your typical, weekly driving pattern?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson
Bob,

my 02' Prius had 27,000 miles on it and I didn't drive that much. I traded in my car for new one and it is not my problem any more. I had so much problem because the car was demonstrator. They told me it was Hybrid Battery ECU. My 02' Prius is not on GreenHybrid database.

Last edited by TMCHAN; 05-19-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scandi1
Yes, when the arrows show the direction of the energy from the battery to the wheels, is usually green, and when it flows into the battery it is red. But then sometimes it shows yellow, and the battery lines showing how fully charged it is, it shows blue, and then sometimes it shows lime green. It doesn't seems to explain this anywhere in the manual, so I wasn't sure what the explanation was. Anyone know?

scandi,

I think you should go to his website and his website explain how Prius works. It also give a lot of info on other things about Prius.You wanted to know why it change color and looke under PriusInfo, How It works1,2.

link: http://john1701a.com

Old 05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi scandi, you may be sure that the hybrid battery state of charge has been a topic of great interest for Prius! Wayne Brown probably has the best discussion of it, see

http://privatenrg.com/#Full_SOC

But please also understand that the number one thing that Prius does is to defend the condition of its battery (number two is low pollutant emissions). It will do those things even if we never look at the energy display. Just drive and enjoy.

DAS