Indicator Warnings

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Indicator Warnings

I am having problems with my 2006 prius.... I was driving and all of the sudden the Master Warning light came on along with the Brake System warning light and the check engine light. I left my car and came back in 2.5 hours and turned the car on and this time the Master warning light and the check engine light came on... I am wondering if this is a malfunction just because it seems when I turn my car on the indicator lights change as to what is wrong with it. Has anyone experienced this problem?
I have read other forums where people have experienced this problem and then the lights seem to go away. I returned to my car again and this time the Master warning light and the check engine light came on again but then ABS light and the Brake lgiht. The indicator lights dont seem to permanently stay and seem to switch when I wait a few hours and go back and turn the car on.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Indicator Warnings

Hi,

Your car is experiencing some sort of problem. When this happens, the car records the error codes in the control computers and Toyota (and some 3d party scanners) can read them out.

Some car parts stores will offer to read out the error codes for free but they tend not to cover all of the subtle codes. If you have the time and money, I would recommend having Toyota read out all of the codes and give you a written description of the problem(s) found. If you'll bring their report back here, we can help explain what they are reporting.

BTW, welcome to GreenHybrid.com. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you... I got up this morning and used the CarMD diagnostic. Unfortunately he wasnt able to give me a solution to the code that read P0800, he said it had something to do with the emmisions valve. Although when I look up the diagnostic codes for Toyotas it tells me something completely diffrnet. We told the Service guy at Toyota the read out we got and he said that its unlikely that it would be an emmisions problem with the valve on the engine.
Not sure as to what is wrong with my car all I know is this morning I got in started it up and well now the master warning light is on the check engine light and now the tire pressure light is on ... the lights are not consistent and seem to change. Anyways with what little info I have now... if you can offer some help I will be appreciative..... and keep you updated as to what they diagnose my car with and get the codes. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast

The dealership called, said that my car needed a software update (odd) and that the tire pressure was low. Dosent make sense to all the indicator lights that went off. We are going to pick up the car, and I am going to ask for a diagnostic read out and post it on here to help anyone else out in the future that might have this problem. Now I am a bit questionable to why there was a software malfunction and if anyone else has experienced this or if the problems I have read about with people having indicator lights come on then go off after a while..... perhaps they too should see fi their car needs a software update. ( btw it was no cost) stay tunned......

Old 11-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

So what I have learned is that the CarMd was not able to give my Prius a proper diagnostic code.
The Diagnostic code I recieved from the dealership was P0125- they were a bit puzzled as to why my car malfunctioned.... Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated!