Has anybody bought the Touring Prius in CA ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast
Question Has anybody bought the Touring Prius in CA ?

Actually, I'm just confused when trying to build a prius from toyota website. It allows me to select Touring model but after putting my zip code in CA, it only configures the standard prius.

Reading Edmunds and Carsdirect, the touring package is only available in package 5 and 6. I thought touring is sort of special package starts with sport suspension,16" wheels, HID, and fog lights not related to package 1,2,3 or A,B,C ?

Tell me what I'm missing here...

Thanks,

Old 03-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anybody bought the Touring Prius in CA ?

Yes, I bought a Touring Prius in CA about a month ago.

Since I bought it, I've also noticed that Toyota's site no longer shows the Touring edition when I enter my ZIP code.

To be honest, I don't think the Touring edition is particularly special so getting the "normal" version is probably fine.

BTW. The dealer was more than happy to give me a substantial discount in addition to the 0% financing from Toyota. I got a #5 package.

Will Mayall

Old 03-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Enthusiast

I just got a regular prius and there were about 10 Tourning editions at my dealer. So I don't believe there a shortage.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Which dealer had 10 Touring.
Thanx,
Carl

Old 03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

There were a couple of Touring models with #3 Pkg at Toyota of Walnut Creek (CA) before I bought my Prius in early March. In fact I drove one. The price was right at $25k before T&L. I decided to keep my other car so went for a base model (Pkg #2).

Last edited by jrb_nw; 04-01-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:40 PM
joe540ci

How fast can the Prius go in elect mode? My camry adds engine at anything over 42 mph. Just would like to know if the Prius is simmilar...JOE

Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes - 40-45 is about it, depending on the state of the battery and if lights are on.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

JRB is right.....depends on the load you require.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Like others have said about 40MPH is what I can do with my friend's Prius. Going back to Touring Prius - it's hard to find Touring Prius with no package in Bay Area, the least is package#3 which costs a bit more than package#4 in regular Prius. Since most dealers don't even have touring with package#3, they try to fool you that package#4 is better (more options) which is not so true. The main difference in this scenarios stands still, the touring will get 16" alloys and sport suspension.

In any case, I decided to keep my HCH I instead of buying Prius this time, I'm afraid I'd lose too much money selling my HCH since new Prius costs only $21,200 (no package) in this area.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Has anybody bought the Touring Prius in CA ?

I bought a Seaside Pearl Touring Pkg #6 in March. I travel thru the coastal hills of California, lost of curves, and love the suspension on the Touring - much tighter than the standard. Packages are basically the extra stuff, althought the "Touring" features - 16" wheels, suspension, fog lights - are listed there. #6 has leather and Navigation and the 6 CD changer, carpets, mats, etc. Didn't want them, but got a great price in Fairfield.

And I heard from some dealer sources (I was talking to six dealers in NorCal) that Toyota was concerned about the popularity of the Touring model and the lot inventories of standard models, as so was cutting back on Touring production.