Got Replacement Front Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Got Replacement Front Seats?

I recently purchased a 2006 Prius, and find the front seats are a bit uncomfortable for long drives (6-10 hour days in the saddle).

Does anyone have experience replacing the stock seats with nicer fully-adjustable Toyota seats, say from an Avalon or Camry?

To keep it simple, the replacement seats should fit the existing Prius seat tracks, and have similar deminsions (height from floor, width), as well as having similar seat sensors (to determine occupancy load & weight for airbag deployment, etc).

Other than the non-adjustable & stiff front seats, this is an exciting and futuristic car

Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Got Replacement Front Seats?

Originally Posted by Lazy Cat
I recently purchased a 2006 Prius, and find the front seats are a bit uncomfortable for long drives (6-10 hour days in the saddle).

Does anyone have experience replacing the stock seats with nicer fully-adjustable Toyota seats, say from an Avalon or Camry? . . .
Let me know too. I've got an 03 Prius and was looking for a fully electric seat for the passenger side . . . my wife. I've gone so far as to visit a local salvage yard and look at the inventory.

I'm thinking about taking out the passenger seat by disconnecting the air-bag circuit and unbolting the mounting tracks. Then with the passenger seat out, we can fit different potential replacements. If we don't find anything in their inventory, I'll leave the seat for a week so they can find a replacement.

If worse comes to worse, it is easy enough to weld-up a floor bracket to hold the new seat.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Got Replacement Front Seats?

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the wrecking /recycling yard info! Good idea!

I think I'll start by looking for a motivated Toyota Parts Dept. employee, to see if the Prius seat-track part number matches any other Toyota models (Camry, Avalon, etc). If we do find a match, that's an indication of a swap-out fit! Too easy, huh?

Now, if I could only find a way to disable the nav & phone system lock-outs, so my passenger can 'play' while we're driving on l-o-n-g trips . ..

John

Old 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast

Wanna check out www.priuschat.com? They have info on aftermarket seat though not eletric. Some other members here might be interested in disabling the nav safety feature so the nav can be programmed when car is traveling. Or if you want to increase the gas mileage by installing an EV switch. Hope this help and good luck.

Last edited by asaca; 03-27-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

Hey there ASACA,

Many thanks for the www.priuschat.com link!! I'll try it tomorrow.

Best Wishes, John

Old 03-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lazy Cat
Hey there ASACA,

Many thanks for the www.priuschat.com link!! I'll try it tomorrow.

Best Wishes, John

You're welcome.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast

Lazy Cat..get a pillow.

your son-in-law

Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

RAIDER PRIUS??
Now, that's a scary combination of words

Does this mean that your electric Toy fumbles & bumbles around, and never really reaches the goal-line? HA HA!!

Ooooooh, that was harsh. So sorry, son-in-law ... Looks like I owe you a sushi dinner now?? Maybe I'd better put that pillow over my head??

Later, dude ...