dog-proofing the backseats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:23 AM
fledgling
Default dog-proofing the backseats?

Any recommendations for backseat covering that will protect seats from older, 60 lb. dog -- and keep dog out of front seats? (We could use separate device for blocking front seats.) Thanks!

(Earlier I asked about a dog barrier to keep dog out of front seats -- but I was assuming we'd put the back seats down. Now we want to keep them up.)

Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: dog-proofing the backseats?

I have a two piece seat cover for the back seat that works well. It fits around the seat belts and tucks under the seat back and cinches on the bottom seat. I also have a piece that loops onto the seat belt and hooks onto the dog harness to keep the dog in place and to save him from being injured in a collision. You can also buy a dedicated safety harness that hooks to the seat belt. Let the drool dry and then brush it off any upholstery that isn't covered. I just have to clean the nose prints on the rear window that he is closest to.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: dog-proofing the backseats?

Originally Posted by mpg50
Any recommendations for backseat covering that will protect seats from older, 60 lb. dog -- and keep dog out of front seats? (We could use separate device for blocking front seats.) Thanks!

(Earlier I asked about a dog barrier to keep dog out of front seats -- but I was assuming we'd put the back seats down. Now we want to keep them up.)
http://www.hunterk9.com/site/870877/product/23836