Best package to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Peak Oil Advocate
Default Best package to get?

I am having second thoughts about spending $29400 + tax and lic. for a #8. Does anyone have any input( those with #7's or #8's)on why a #6 would be a more reasonable choice. Thanks

Old 02-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Best package to get?

Dude the choice of what options you want is yours, Its not up to us you'll be the one driving the car..
I got a #4 Prius got everything except Nav,Leather & JBL. I still spent $27,000 out the door.

(Funny though they limit your availibility of packages to the area you live)

Was it worth it???? My wife thinks so... Is that all that matters? yeppers she drives the car 2 hrs a day 6 days a week...

The next car Im goin for the gravy (fully Loaded) Toyota Hybrid..(her choice)

Its the wifes car. the 04' costs $400 a month this time my bank will buy the car insted of dealer financing (rip u off). and I can get it for 2-300 a month.. and you can besure Ill get every extended warr I can...

As its gonna be the wifes car and shes gonna have to drive it till the wheels fall off..

Good luck

Last edited by PriusGuy04; 02-13-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Best package to get?

For the relatively minimal price difference, I bet you'll appreciate those leather seats in SoCal.

the difference is w/package No. 8, you goet everything w/leather seats. w/No. 7, everything but the leather seats. w/No. 6, everything but the leather and nav system....and at that point, i'd be thinking No. 8 isn't such a bad deal...

but be careful when you're in there talking about the extended warranty and service plan. try for $2,000 to $2,500 max for both.....

Old 02-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Peak Oil Advocate

Thanks for the input. Is the navi worth the extra though? Is it still buggy? I plan on doing after market leather anyway.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JCFLETCH
Thanks for the input. Is the navi worth the extra though? Is it still buggy? I plan on doing after market leather anyway.
IMO, unless your profession requires you to drive to unknown places, all the time, the nav system is an indulgence. For example, real estate agents, repair men, and delivery men, are always driving from one place, to another. Real-time directions are very useful.

Most people do most of their driving to places they've been before. Think about where you drive your car. Work? Your kid's school? The grocery store? A friend or relative's house? Do you need directions, to get to those places?

Old 02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

I just got a Package #6 and I LOVE it. But I have no use for the NAV...as the daughter of a truck driver, I'm pretty good with a map. LOL

Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine with a #4. My thoughts were that I should get every safety feature. I drove small cars for years but for the last ten I have been driving mid-size suvs and small trucks (all 4 wheel drive). I felt the need for as many safety features as possbile.

I personally am one of those who drives to the same locations almost all of the time so I had little use for the nav. I did think it over because it would be another neat gadget. In the end I decided if I needed a nav I would purchase one that I could move car to car.

The other package options would be a waste for me. Although I love to listen to music, I am basically tone deaf. I have ridden in leather seats and am just not that impressed.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have a Nav in my Civic and love it. Two cars ago I had it and then my last vehicle I didn't want to spend for it. I was really disappointed. When the Civic was introduced, I went for it.

It's one of those things that if you never had it, you won't miss it. If you've had it, you'll do without it again. I don't use it all the time but the times I use it make it really worth the price.