Toyota Motor Corporation Lexus and Toyota Hybrids

2022 Camy Hybrid failing to rise to the hype. Is something wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation 2022 Camy Hybrid failing to rise to the hype. Is something wrong?

I just bought a brand new 2022 Camry Hybrid. Already there is a problem with the seat belt locking when putting it on but I know the manufacturers warranty will cover it. However, I am uncertain about the hybrid battery's condition. How long does the battery maintain its charge? It gets full or close to it when driving and when finished and gets parked but the system displays it half empty 10-12 hours later when I get in to go back to work the next day. Is it normal for the hybrid batter to lose its charge so quickly? Also, the miles per gallon is rated as 47/48 average for highway and city but the display shows 39/40 average in city. I do not drive aggressively with hard, fast acceleration or driving high speeds. I mostly have traveled city streets that typically are 35 or 40 miles per hour limit. Is this normal? Currently the tank is at 3/4 and gives an estimate of approx. 380 miles until empty. Which with a 15.8 gallon tank would mean a 24 miles per gallon approximate mileage. That is pretty low for a brand new car even if not hybrid. Is this normal? Or should I ask the dealership to inspect the parts to get replacement parts with the warranty?