HiHy & snow tires. What size do you have +

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default HiHy & snow tires. What size do you have +

In some of the posts is has been recomended to use snow tires if you live in areas where winter stroms occur often (like COLO). After checking the web sites I can find no snow tire which is the same size as the OEM tires on a 2007 HyHi AWD (17 inch rims). For those of you which have installed snow tire what size did you use and what brand/model would you recommend.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: HiHy & snow tires. What size do you have +

Originally Posted by andybl
In some of the posts is has been recomended to use snow tires if you live in areas where winter stroms occur often (like COLO). After checking the web sites I can find no snow tire which is the same size as the OEM tires on a 2007 HyHi AWD (17 inch rims). For those of you which have installed snow tire what size did you use and what brand/model would you recommend.

Thanks
I had the same problem last year, you have to order them early before they run out because they won't get more in till the following August/September. I got the same size as on my HH (225-65 R17). I recommend the Michelin Ice or Blizzak's from Tirerack (www.tirerack.com). If you have a local tire shop they may still have some in stock, but at this late point I believe you will be like me last year where I had to wait till the end of summer to order them. What I did was to start checking the web site in June every few weeks and as soon as they showed them I ordered them.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob259
I had the same problem last year, you have to order them early before they run out because they won't get more in till the following August/September. I got the same size as on my HH (225-65 R17). I recommend the Michelin Ice or Blizzak's from Tirerack (www.tirerack.com). If you have a local tire shop they may still have some in stock, but at this late point I believe you will be like me last year where I had to wait till the end of summer to order them. What I did was to start checking the web site in June every few weeks and as soon as they showed them I ordered them.
How did they get 225-65 R 17 ? If I go to Brigestones or Michelin's web site they do not list this size for these tires.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andybl
How did they get 225-65 R 17 ? If I go to Brigestones or Michelin's web site they do not list this size for these tires.
Believe me Michelin, Bridgestoe as well, makes them I have them on mine and got them last fall from the Tirerack... Hopefully the link below will work as it didn't a second ago, possible because it was a search. If it doesnt bring you to the tires go to the Tirerack site search on 2006 Toyota HH AWD and 'Winter' Tires and 17" they still show two of them, but must have just sold out.

See [http://www.tirerack.com/snow/WinterT...ormance=WWhile not the full line they had at the begining of the season they still show these two, but note the 'Sold out for season' message.

Last edited by Bob259; 03-02-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast

I have the stock sized Michelin X-Ice on our HiHy and they work fine going up the mountain passes. Back in October, my choices were already pretty limited, with Tirerack out of stock in our size (but got some more later in Nov), Costco tried to order some for me, but they were out of stock as well. I finally got mine through Discount Tire. There is also a Toyo and Dunlop snow tire in our size as well.

Here's an online retailer in Canada that shows they have inventory of snowtires in our size, its more expensive, but if you need them its there. http://www.1010tire.com/tires.asp