Backup camera?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Double enthusiast
Default Backup camera?

Has anyone installed a backup camera on their HH? Specifically, with the nav so that the nav screen can be used. I see where Coastal Tech "has" one, but I can't seem to get any info from their web site.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Backup camera?

I have installed a backup camera on my 2006 HH. There a some kits out there that will interface with the OEM navigation. I used the kit from http://www.gnetcanada.com/ and had a local shop install it.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Double enthusiast

Which kit did you use, the "Toylex"? And you do have the HH with Nav? How hard was the installation? Where did you mount the camera? Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry, we are on vacation. I bought the TOYOLEX (TOYOLEX2 will not work). The backup camera I selected was the one with the license frame. I had someone install it and instructed them I want two video sources for I have also an dvd entertainment center. If you are planning on just the backup camera then you do not need a switch from them. Once installed properly, it will automatically switch to the backup camera if you put it in reverse.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, I was doing a google search trying to see if I can add a backup camera and my DVD Player onto my factory navigation monitor for my 2006 Highlander Hybrid. I came across this thread from awhile back and was hoping you can help me.

You indicated that you bought the TOYOLEX kit from gnetcanada.com for your 06 Toyota HH and had a local shop install it. You also mentioned that you added a backup camera and DVD entertainment system to your factory navigation monitor - which is exactly what I'm interested in doing!

But when I followed up with GNet to see if the GNET RGB TOYLEX Nav Video Module i(2003-2005) is also compatible for my 2006 Toyota Highlander, they said no.

Any help or suggestions you can provide is greatly appreciated!

God bless,
Alex

Old 03-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast

I am surprised that GNET told you that unless they have discontinued the product. I know there was a second one way back then that would work too. You just have to make sure that it will work with your base navigation unit. All the addons will plug in directly to the unit, e.g. backup camera, dvd player, headrest monitors & players, etc... and of course the camera.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. So just to clarify, do you have a 2006 Highlander as I do with factory base navigation unit? If so, what was the Nav Video Module you purchased from GNET? Was it the "RGB TOYLEX Nav Video Module (2003-2005)" as currently listed in their site?

Thank you for your time,
Alex

Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I do have a 2006 Hylander Hybrid with the base navigation. I think the Model that I purchased is somewhat different. They must have discontinued the product. I found the email of my purchase and the Model was GNET_RGB_TOYLEX.