06 HH tire reccomendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default 06 HH tire reccomendation

I have an 06 HH with 70k right now which I will need to purchase the third set of tires for! My original tires were Michilin Energy OEM tires. The ride, handling etc were great along with the fuel econmy however I needed them replace them after 29,589 miles. I maintainted the tire pressure and rotation schedule and still 29,589 miles. I decided to try the Goodyear Fortera Triple tred tires they ride well not as good as the Michlins and are a bit noisey in comparison. Fuel economy is lower also. The Goodyear tires are about down to the treadwear indicators so I will need tires before winter. they have 38k right now. What is surprising is the Michilin tires do not have a treadwear warranty and the Goodyear are rated for 60k. I contacted Michilin prior to buying the Goodyear tires, they were going to prorate some of the cost toward another set of Michilins. I decided to try the Goodyears because they at least have a warranty. So I will be contacting Goodyear to see if they will prorate toward another set of tires however I am begining to beleive I am going to have this problem with all of the tires available for this vehicle due to the all wheel drive, batteries in the rear and I do drive a lot od hills and cures (low speed back roads) on my work commute. Is anyone else having tire wear problems or perhaps have a reccomendation?
Also at 70k I wonder about the Inverter problem? I am not on the serial number list but still concerned!

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 HH tire reccomendation

After having gone through 2 sets of Michelin in 55K I went with the Yokohama AVID ENVIGOR which have a 60K warranty on them Fairly happy so far, but it has only been about 2K since I put them on. They do appear to have impacted my mileage to the negative side if this is important to you, which surprised me given this tire was suppose to be design for LRR. I was more concerned at this point about tread wear, so we will see if they live up to the 60K warranty.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....d&autoModClar=

Last edited by Chilly; 09-16-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chilly
After having gone through 2 sets of Michelin in 55K I went with the Yokohama AVID ENVIGOR which have a 60K warranty on them Fairly happy so far, but it has only been about 2K since I put them on. They do appear to have impacted my mileage to the negative side if this is important to you, which surprised me given this tire was suppose to be design for LRR. I was more concerned at this point about tread wear, so we will see if they live up to the 60K warranty.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....d&autoModClar=

Thanks for the quick response. The Michilin tires do provided a better ride along with better gas mileage, unfortunately the treadlife is terrible.
I will keep Yokahama in mind while I see if Goodyear will prorate my next set of tires due to lower treadlife warranty.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia. It is a brand new, very low rolling resistance tire designed for SUV's with very good wet traction and a 60,000 mile prorated limited treadwear guarantee. It has a 640 AA UTQG rating.