Old 07-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM/Sirius Install on '07 TCH

Here is a picture of my XM antenna, mounted on the roof:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/image1714.html

Old 07-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

I take it you have not experienced any of the interferance that my dealer said I would if you mount antenna on roof??

Old 07-24-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by 12punch
I take it you have not experienced any of the interferance that my dealer said I would if you mount antenna on roof??
No, I don't get any interference, unless you count ground loop issues. I had to buy a ground loop filter for plugging the Roady XT into the Aux jack, since I was getting a lot of whine and hiss. I have heard that this is a common issue with this XM receiver (in other cars), so I don't think it is caused by the hybrid system. The filter cleared up the noise perfectly.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

My dealer just quoted me $559 installed for the XM Tuner and "Fit Kit". For a leased vehicle, I think not.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Toyota parts delivered are still showing the Sirus fit kit not available until December?
http://www.toyotapartsdelivered.com/...cfm?design=114
Anyone have a source at a decent price?

Old 07-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12punch
Can you have this installed on just the rear window and get away with it. I am not wanting to replace the tinting on all the windows. I never assumedor researched that there is metal in the tinting itself.
You could just do the rear window, and I suspect that would solve the problem, but without someone's experiment it is only a guess. Why not put the antenna on the front window which has no tinting - sounds cheaper and easier. Mine is on the dash above the speaker gill near the brake tag and works great.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

Hello everyone. My TCH is arriving soon, and I want to know if I can install the XM receiver and antenna I already have in my other car. Is it possible, is there something special I need? Any other suggestions? Thanks...

Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by je_baird
Hello everyone. My TCH is arriving soon, and I want to know if I can install the XM receiver and antenna I already have in my other car. Is it possible, is there something special I need? Any other suggestions? Thanks...
I did. See the following thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...31.html?page=1

It is the Delphi Roady XT. Assuming you just have an aftermarket one that isn't for a specific vehicle you should be fine, but read the the above thread for some useful info. (The aux jack may require a GLI filter).

Old 07-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Along for the ride.....

My Toyota dealer told me today they aren't installing XM because of too many issues. They said Toyota is working on a fix, He said the reception was horrible and it only was an issue with the 07s.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

We have had our TCH for about one month. Had XM installed at the port. So far we have been totally pleased with both the installation and reception. The antenna is in the back window and we do have the Nav System. No problems so far, knock on wood...

Quick Reply: XM/Sirius Install on '07 TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands