XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek
Default Re: XM Radio

Originally Posted by Briano77
Does it work well with the audio system? Does it scroll the scores for you favorite teams and show the current song and artist currently playing?
Also, was there much of difference in reception between the antenna being inside vs. outside?

Thanks
Brian
My "factory" XM displays the artist & track text..even while moving. The text in other modes (CD or FM) is limited when you start moving. I don't listen to sports so I can't tell you about the scores.

I had good reception until I tinted the rear window. That's why I moved the antenna outside. I get great reception.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Enthusiast

I had the dealer install Sirius in my TCH and the antenna is attached to the windsheild behind the passenger side of the rear view mirror. I haven't noticed any signal loss from this configuration. I've had 100% coverage except under overpasses and very heavy tree lined streets in CT(virtually no line of sight). I had an after market Sirius system installed in my other car about 3 years ago with the attenna mounted on the outside. I haven't noticed any difference in reception between the 2 installations.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

While getting my after market XM removed from my trade-in at Circuit City I checked out Sirius radio and liked what I heard. So I called my dealer about an installation and was told that Toyota doesn't do Sirius units anymore because of recurring problems. I'm in Florida, is Toyota still installing Sirius in your area?
Sure would like to have the NFL.

Brian

Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

While getting my after market XM removed from my trade-in at Circuit City I checked out Sirius radio and liked what I heard. So I called my dealer about an installation and was told that Toyota doesn't do Sirius units anymore because of recurring problems. I'm in Florida, is Toyota still installing Sirius in your area?

Brian
The Toyota website still shows both Sirius and XM as accessory options. I'm getting the Terk XM Direct aftermarket unit installed Wednesday, and plan to just pay the $16.99 for the combined plan if the merger goes through. http://xmradio.mediaroom.com/index.p...ases&item=1472

Old 07-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Enthusiast

I got my Sirius unit installed at the Toyota dealer in May 2007. Both XM and Sirius are options on the TCH and are still available. I prefer the built-in radio because I can use the steering wheel controls for the radio and there is no wiring and external radio hanging off the dash. I would call another dealer to verify.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Brian
I'm in the Daytona area and they both were offered to me last week.

Roy

Old 07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast

I just called another dealer as you suggested and they said that the Sirius wasn't available for about two months but as of this week they are available again. He thought is was because of the merger but wasn't sure.
Thanks for the help.

Brian

Brian