Wrong home address

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wrong home address

I too have a Garmin Nuvi. It is a great device, best in class in my opinion, but it too, will be off on street numbers at times. This really is universal and has nothing to do with positional accuracy. Rather, it is the limitation of the address numbering database. That said, when touching a location on the map to enter a waypoint or POI, the Nuvi doesn't feel compelled to name that point with its own right or wrong address. The Denso 6.1 in the Camry does. Both "spots" have similar positional accuracy, its just the Denso insisting on showing you the internal database name.

Jeff

Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I set my home address as a location across the street. I didn't want someone to steal the car, drive it to my door, use the Homeliknk to open the garage, and burglarize me too!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
I set my home address as a location across the street. I didn't want someone to steal the car, drive it to my door, use the Homeliknk to open the garage, and burglarize me too!

Well, that is good thinking! Never would have thought of that...except, isn't your address on your registration in the glove box?

Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by jay_man2
Sounds like the movie "Bad Santa"
I have my Home address set to what it is.
They can come to my house....My 200lb dog will be more than happy to greet them!