Worried New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Worried New Owner

Originally Posted by kluken
I had PORT leather, but the seat supporting cushion seemed to begin sagging, actually sawa few other posts about ths with factory leather and one guy paid $100 to have someone add padding to the seat. The PORT leather is poor quality compared to what aftermarket is avialbale and I would be the factory leather is much better.
I would be the "one guy" who had extra padding installed -- not because of any "sagging" and not really because of any deficiency in the padding -- but because I could feel what are actually wire harnesses for the seat heater, plus that dang front-to-back center seam, all conspiring to make the rearmost part of the seat cushion waay too "bumpy" for my (I guess) extra-sensitive rear end.

In the end, I'm not entirely happy with the extra padding, as it makes for a kind of a "high centered" feeling, and I can STILL feel those dang seat heater wiring harness bumps back there! Otherwise, I'm very happy with the quality of the construction of the seats, and the factory leather -- the leather is substantially higher in quality compared to the Honda Accord EX-L I traded in on my Camry XLE.

For whatever that might be worth....