Windshield protection.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Windshield protection.

Has anyone tried this Clearplex windshield protection yet ?

http://www.clearplex.com/

Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Windshield protection.

Originally Posted by stinger123

stinger123, I see that you started a new thread on this issue, good call. I will repost here what I posted in the other thread.

very interesting! I would wonder about the wipers causing streaks/scratchs over time, as I expect the plastic film would be more subject to that than the glass...

Old 07-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stinger123

The Warranty seems a little strange.

You have to remove it after a year?

"ClearPlex Corporation (hereinafter “ClearPlex”), the manufacturer of Invisible Windshield Protection FilmŪ, warrants to the original retail purchaser of this product that Invisible Windshield Protection FilmŪ when used for its intended purposes is free of discernable manufacturing defects. This limited warranty (this “Limited Warranty”), together with all warranties implied by law and not disclaimed by this Limited Warranty, if any, shall be limited to a period of one (1) year or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser. Failure to remove your Invisible Windshield Protection FilmŪ after one (1) year from the date of purchase will prohibit any claim under this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is only valid as to the original retail purchaser and is not transferable or assignable, by operation of law or otherwise."

Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would think that the clearshield would be so dinged up after 1yr/12k that they need to limit their liability against poor visibility. Some idiot will leave it on for 3yrs and then get into a collision and claim that he couldn't see clearly thru the windshield due to this product.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Some idiot will leave it on for 3yrs and then get into a collision and claim that he couldn't see clearly thru the windshield due to this product.
Yeah they covered that further down on the Warranty Hanger

"DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE IF THE INVISIBLE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILMŪ YELLOWS, CRACKS, BUBBLES UP, PEELS OR OTHERWISE IMPAIRS THE CLARITY OF THE INVISIBLE WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILMŪ. OPERATION OF YOUR VEHICLE UNDER SUCH CONDITIONS MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU, YOUR VEHICLE OR OTHER PERSONS. ClearPlex hereby disclaims liability for damage or injuries caused by operation of your vehicle under such conditions. The ClearPlex Invisible Windshield Protection FilmŪ should be removed from the windshield immediately if any of the above mentioned physical conditions of the windshield protection film exist."