Windshield cost

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Windshield cost

Well you do have one of the rare windshields for Toyota. The only cars that have the "Acoustic Windshield" is the Avalon Limited (US only) and the 2009 Corolla.

Otherwise, you'll have to move up to a Lexus to get an acoustic windshield so Toyota has put some expensive stuff in the TCH all in the name of quiet.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Windshield cost

I'm in Canada too and in Alberta we can get a separate auto glass insurance so if you have to get a windshield (or any other glass on the car) fixed, it will not affect your regular car insurance and your price won't go up. I decided to try it for a year when I got the TCH in January.

I had to go to an autoglass shop to get the "all clear" before they would insure the car, so I went and I asked the manager about this special windshield. He said he didn't realize there was a difference until he looked in the book. He said the regular Camry was about $500, but the Hybrid would be about $900+ installed.

I got the glass insurance...$17/month or $174/year. $50 deductible for a new windshield and $25 for up to 3 chips.

I'll see how I feel about it after the year is up, but I don't know one person in Calgary who doesn't have any marks on their windshields. We use a lot of gravel out here (instead of salt) to make winter driving easier, but when the snow finally melts it can be a nightmare for rock chips!