Why is the "Volt" announcement at the top of this forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
it's just a car...
Default Why is the "Volt" announcement at the top of this forum

Isn't there a special forum for vehicles that don't exist somewhere?
Is GM/Lutz paying for this?
Can it be removed?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Why is the "Volt" announcement at the top of this forum

Hi Gary,

Internet Brands owns GreenHybrid.com and you may have noticed a bit of activity lately with more banner ads and other web site changes. Part of how they fund GreenHybrid is advertising and they are looking at different approaches. I have no doubt they are getting some revenue from GM so a little tolerance is advised.

In contrast, moderators have a responsibility to block 'free loaders' who would abuse our forums instead of doing the right thing ... contracting for advertising space. But Internet Brands help us keep the forums open.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
it's just a car...

Thanks for the kind reply.
I certainly don't mind banner ads, but this makes the whole "GREENHYBRID" site look bad, especially with Lutz saying global warming is a hoax.
This is insult to injury.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

how does it make the site look bad? a number of volt threads on the forums here. Ads are ads, the site owner foes not always get to pick and choose.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
it's just a car...

It's not identified as an advertisement.

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/200...d-cars-as-art/

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think its not an ad after all but a bulletin that Jason posts that is his best story of the week or something. not sure but if it bothers you then PM him and ask him directly.

I do not care what Lutz says because its more about what they do and they are making good changes in my opinion. The volt for instance is a step further towards electric vehicles, a step that no other major brand is willing to do at this time. Good for GM.

Last edited by test54; 09-24-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Outcast Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Internet Brands owns GreenHybrid.com and you may have noticed a bit of activity lately with more banner ads and other web site changes.
Ah, this makes sense, I always wondered if Jason, Bob, etc spent their free time making arrangements for ads, etc. Moderating is enough work, glad to hear that it's "outsourced". I ended up on GreehHybrid.com from an Ad link I kept seeing on carsdirect.com. So that side of the marketing worked great for me.

As far as Lutz's comments, isn't he the CEO of a company that made the bulk of it's profits and revenues from selling large trucks and SUVs in a country were gas was cheap? Toyota was listening! They poured $1.2B into a fullsize truck plant in Texas, instead of battery production .

CEO comments are just marketing. I can hear it now as the first Volt rolls of the production line. CEO Lutz proclaims: ".. I have seen the light (or I have sinned), and global warming is as real as this Volt. Uh, please buy one!"