Who has stripped their TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who has stripped their TCH?

Imagine how much gas this country would save if everyone went on a diet and lost 15 pounds?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

This is where i draw the line between reasonable and unreasonable methods to achieve better fuel economy. I mean.........pulling the back seats out?? No spare?? You might as well not waste your money on a new TCH. That makes no sense what's so-ever. Hypermiling.............to a cretain extent, can be a little ridiculus in some of the methods that some people choose to use, but............these things are crazy.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:20 AM

I still think the AutoTrain is the best method to achieve superior mileage!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:28 AM
Enthusiast

Seems extreme to me... If you don't want the luxury/space of the TCH why not just buy a Prius and improve your milage that way???

Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Or better yet...........ride the bus or train! Taking the seats and spare out of an almost $30,000 vehicle to save on fuel borders on stupidity. Granted.......leave all the other excess stuff out of the car, tools, golf clubs and other things that are not necessary is ok.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM

I imagine OP has had a taste of our hospitality and in all likelihood, wont be returning.
I can only imagine it was an academic exercise, how much weight could you remove from the car and what would the resulting mileage be?
I doubt anyone would drive around with a 4 door - 2 seat car without a spare.
I can't imaging anyone saying "Hop in the back, oh, sorry about the seats, just lay down, don't worry, you still have belts. Hey, check out my mileage stats!"

Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I can't imagine anyone would elect to do this with a family sedan. The question was ridiculous and deserved any criticism that was given.

If someone is concerned about getting the best mileage they possibly can then they would go for the smallest and lightest vehicle they could and then maybe consider this. I'm no engineer but it's not rocket science to figure this out.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
I can't imagine anyone would elect to do this with a family sedan. The question was ridiculous and deserved any criticism that was given.

If someone is concerned about getting the best mileage they possibly can then they would go for the smallest and lightest vehicle they could and then maybe consider this. I'm no engineer but it's not rocket science to figure this out.
Trolls always get the answers they deserve and can usually be detected by only one or two posts. A real taco hauler would be cut the top off and remove the 4 doors and enjoy life lol.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 AM

maybe I'm too old...or too young, but what is a taco hauler?

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
maybe I'm too old...or too young, but what is a taco hauler?
Taco delivery! same as pizza delivery lol!!!

Quick Reply: Who has stripped their TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands