Who was first?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Who was first?

OK, I'm curious. Who got their Camry Hybrid first? I got mine on Friday May 5th, 2006 (at about 2:00PM Eastern if it gets close).

I'm curious because I live in small town West Virginia and bought off a small dealer (who was as surprised as I was when it came). It seems like most people on the forums are just getting theirs or are still waiting and I would have thought the Left Coast folks would have gotten theirs long before my area.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Brian5499
Default Re: Who was first?

You have me beat by about a week. I got my on Thursday May 11th.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

I seriously am not a superstitious person but yeah 6/6/06, well it's easier for me to remember the date.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:57 PM
mak
Banned

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
OK, I'm curious. Who got their Camry Hybrid first? I got mine on Friday May 5th, 2006 (at about 2:00PM Eastern if it gets close).

I'm curious because I live in small town West Virginia and bought off a small dealer (who was as surprised as I was when it came). It seems like most people on the forums are just getting theirs or are still waiting and I would have thought the Left Coast folks would have gotten theirs long before my area.

Weird that's exactly the date my previous car (98 Honda Accord V6 Coupe) was totaled.

Crash Pics

Got my TCH exactly 2 weeks later tho 5/19/06

But I do miss my old car.Even tho the tranny was starting to slip. The Lord works in mysterious ways

Old 06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Got mine May 10 in NJ.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:41 AM
WVGasGuy

OK, 119 people have viewed this, when you look at the thread how about letting us know the date you got yours (and current mileage)?

Old 06-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, I viewed the thread because I was interested to see who got their TCH first, but I don't have mine yet, so I didn't reply. I imagine there are a number of us curious "wait listers" who just wanted to see who has had their TCH the longest.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Electricity Guzzler

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I picked up mine on June 2. I had ordered it on April 28th. I had to carpool to work for 5 weeks waiting for the TCH to show up. - Def. worth the wait! I have yet to see another TCH on the road here. I do giggle like a little girl everytime I pull up beside a reg. (read "boring") '07 Camry.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Too Smug

I've got another question. Who's been waiting the longest? I put a deposit down on February 21st. Thats 106 days, if I've counted correctly. Word from the dealer is that I should expect delivery no later than the June 20th.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

OK, 119 people have viewed this, when you look at the thread how about letting us know the date you got yours (and current mileage)?
Got mine 5/22, about 650 miles on it so far. Houston seems to have been one of the last areas in the Gulf States Toyota region to have gotten their first shipment.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the second tank and my tank average for this one so far is 38.3 mpg. That's with about 50/50 city/highway driving, a 34 mile round-trip commute.

First tank sucked - 35.7 mpg - but I blame that on the yokels who had it for 2 days while installing aftermarket leather. It was well over 38 mpg when I dropped it off and 35 when I picked it up. I think they ran the A/C for 2 days while it sat in their shop.

Quick Reply: Who was first?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands